Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Best subframe connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:24 PM

Question Best subframe connectors?

I did a search and could not find what I needed. My LE2 kit is going on this week and I need some SFC. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:26 PM

Re: Best subframe connectors?

The double diamond, or 3-point SFC are going to be the strongest, but some people will say that the regular two points are good enough. I have the SLP 3-points since I have t-tops. I need all the strength I can get.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:28 AM

Just get weld on of whatever type you want.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:30 AM

I can't knock the double diamonds but my Spohn weld-on SFC's are great. The first time I jacked the car up to change studs on a front wheel I noticed that by the time I had the front wheel about 1 1/2" off the ground that the back wheel on that side had lifted almost an inch off the ground, too. That is pretty stiff.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:15 PM

I have Hotchkis weld ins and they've been in since 1995 before we had other real choices for SFCs, but they've got great ground clearance and are virtually invisible in black...They are a bit pricey, though....My next choice would be Spohn...great quality and price...

--Alan
Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 PM

I have the Spohn weld-ins. Very good quality, they made a night/day difference, and I got them at a very good price through one of Speed Engineering's sales.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:55 PM

i have the hotchkis i think as well, they came factory on my 97ss, and they work pretty good, they are hidden pretty good as well.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:26 PM

my slp's are awsome
Old 08-08-2006, 07:36 PM

Slp>*
Old 08-10-2006, 08:10 PM

The Best are here

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=805

but labor costs twice as much.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by SMUJeremy
I hear the UMI ones are pretty good also.
They are.

Let me begin by saying that a Subframe connector is not a complicated part, and you need not be a rocket scientist to build them, and some strong ones.

The more points, the stronger they will be. I'm sure you've notice that most connectors be they 2 or 3 points look pretty much like everyone else's.

What you are looking for in a product is quality. How good are the welds? How nice is the paint or powerdcoating? And finally how well do they actually fit the car and do you have the most ground clearance you could?

I sell SLP. I sell Hotchkis, I sell Competition Engineering the list goes on. I have to tell you UMI makes great, great stuff. We work closely with them (I've had them make some other parts and they are working on something right now for me too). I've been there, I've seen the welds and the quality of the parts, as well as some of the best powdercoating I've even laid eyes on. The price is right, the quality is outstanding. Good enough that I called them about carrying the product when I saw how nice it was.

If you want the others, that's fine I sell them too. But I'm going to recommend UMI. If you'd like some pricing, just let me know.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

I've been very happy with BMR's stuff over the years.
I had his SFCs on my 95, I think the 93 is too low to get away with them.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
They are.

Let me begin by saying that a Subframe connector is not a complicated part, and you need not be a rocket scientist to build them, and some strong ones.

The more points, the stronger they will be. I'm sure you've notice that most connectors be they 2 or 3 points look pretty much like everyone else's.

What you are looking for in a product is quality. How good are the welds? How nice is the paint or powerdcoating? And finally how well do they actually fit the car and do you have the most ground clearance you could?

I sell SLP. I sell Hotchkis, I sell Competition Engineering the list goes on. I have to tell you UMI makes great, great stuff. We work closely with them (I've had them make some other parts and they are working on something right now for me too). I've been there, I've seen the welds and the quality of the parts, as well as some of the best powdercoating I've even laid eyes on. The price is right, the quality is outstanding. Good enough that I called them about carrying the product when I saw how nice it was.

If you want the others, that's fine I sell them too. But I'm going to recommend UMI. If you'd like some pricing, just let me know.
do you sell thru the floor SFCs?
Old 08-12-2006, 06:54 PM

I got the jegs Subframe connectors they are designed to bolt in but can also be welded in. they come in a black powder coat the bolted in and fit real good with lots of clearence. link below

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...chItemId=12863
Old 08-14-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by TrackMagicWS6
do you sell thru the floor SFCs?
I must admit, that's a term I'm unfamiliar with. SFC's go under the car, and either bolt to, or get welded to the front "frame rails" and the rear lower control arm mount.

Quick Reply: Best subframe connectors?