Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Big issue with Eibach Pro Kit and UMI upper and lower A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Re: Big issue with Eibach Pro Kit and UMI upper and lower A-arms

I received your e-mail, in response to the photo of the driver's side Pro-Kit install from my 94. Unfortunately, I do not have the passenger side photo. The photo I sent is just one that I happened to take about 10 years ago, when the car was in Steve Spohn's (Spohn Performance) shop having the "drag" rear sway bar installed (prototype install, to document install instructions, and take photos).

I checked the part #'s on Summit, and the part number I have is for the LT1 engine cars, the part # you have is for the LS1 engine cars. So everything appears to be correct.

I can't think of anything that would explain the difference between your results on the passenger and driver's side, other than a manufacturing problem with the passenger side spring.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I can't think of anything that would explain the difference between your results on the passenger and driver's side, other than a manufacturing problem with the passenger side spring.
That is what I think too!

I have tried to find an solution with Eibach. Its in progress so far but first I didnt send the springs back to summit because I want an good lowering kit and no "return = solution" thing. I want an solution. It looks like the upper coilround is too wide but Eibach call its kit as "one of the most used", so I ask myself if only my kit is wrong or do other people doesnt interest in this situation. For this I damn urgently need an Z28 user 1998-2002 series with this pro-kit to compare.

Short feedback to the screw chaning: We change the screw with the head inside and we win 3mm but thats all and already real close.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:59 PM

Additional Info: We have checked the track and it fits 100%. I forward the conversation with Eibach.

It will be great when anyone with the same pro-kit in a Camaro 98-02 can post a picture for compare. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:00 PM

Any up dates on this....?

Have you tried swapping the front springs to see if the problem moves to the drivers side ?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:33 AM

Not really. Eibach tells me I should send back the springs to the USA but a friend have ordered the same springs and we have compared this. He have the same situation.

When you turn the screw, wo have the nut outside, you have 1mm space between spring and nut. As solution we have taken the screw and let it CNC down from 15head to 13 head and reduce screws head size minus 3mm. No we have 6mm space up there and it works fine.

I suspect, that a big company like Eibach wouldnt reflect, that the designers have made a mistake in construction this spring kit. We are 99% sure that in construction the well working drivers side was taken as reference but not the passengers side, where the problem is happend.