Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

BMR K memeber with UMI A arms?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:01 PM

BMR K memeber with UMI A arms?

I have a BMR k member and I would like to know that the UMI arms will fit it..

I have one vendor saying yes the UMI parts will fit a BMR k member,.. and one saying they dont know and that they wont take a return if the UMI parts dont fit my k member.

what do I do.. .just stay with the BMR stuff...even tho its $150 bucks more?

I need to order A arms ASAP.. like today.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:08 PM

Most K-members are built to accept factory A-arms. Most A-arms are built to bolt on to a factory K-member. My guess is that they will fit fine. I just bolted on some Spohn A-arms to my UMI K-member and they fit perfect.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sinister95Z
Most K-members are built to accept factory A-arms. Most A-arms are built to bolt on to a factory K-member. My guess is that they will fit fine. I just bolted on some Spohn A-arms to my UMI K-member and they fit perfect.
thats what Im thinking.I would just hate to get stuck with a set of A arms that dont fit my K member...because this vendor wont let me return them(NOT A VENDOR ON CZ28 that I know of,just to clear that up)...even if there is not a mark on them.

I would like to run UMI arms...not because of price.. I just have never heard anything bad about them, and eveyone seems to be really happy with them too.

Im not going to swap k members.. or pay for another one.So i need to know that they are going to bolt up to my BMR....

Part of me thinks this vendor is trying to squeez a little more coin out of me... but I keep telling myself that he is trying to help me out.. still not sure whats going on

Last edited by Sparkz28ss; 04-21-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:06 AM

well??
Old 04-22-2008, 09:23 AM

No, it actually won't work. about 18 months ago me and my buddy were working on his car, changing k-member and front upper and lower a-arms. He went drag racing in a parking lot that had the cover of a man hole left open, he hit it, fudged the k-member. So he ordered the new front cradle & components and in the process of bolting it all up we discovered that the BMR a-arms were a real rough fit to the UMI K-member. THey worked, but were rough. Well, a week after it was all put together. The a-arm ATE itself somehow, IDK i wasn't there when it happened. All I know is is that he ordered UMI A-arms. My advice from all this was don't mix companies on components like this. $0.02
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 AM

^ ^ obviously none of us were there, so it's hard to dispute, but I find that strange .

Like Sinister95Z said, all the aftermarket components (K-members, A-arms, etc.) are supposed to be built that each component will work with factory components. So they should all have the same measurements.

I see no problem running a UMI A-arm with a BMR K-member ... again, assuming they're built to directly replace factory peices, which they are.

I have the UMI K-member & lower A-arms for my car ... the quality seems fantastic .
Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Former Vendor

Our A-Arms will work with the BMR K-member...
Old 05-06-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 19z28camaro02
No, it actually won't work. about 18 months ago me and my buddy were working on his car, changing k-member and front upper and lower a-arms. He went drag racing in a parking lot that had the cover of a man hole left open, he hit it, fudged the k-member. So he ordered the new front cradle & components and in the process of bolting it all up we discovered that the BMR a-arms were a real rough fit to the UMI K-member. THey worked, but were rough. Well, a week after it was all put together. The a-arm ATE itself somehow, IDK i wasn't there when it happened. All I know is is that he ordered UMI A-arms. My advice from all this was don't mix companies on components like this. $0.02

Sounds like your buddy might have tweaked a bit more than the k-member. I just matched Spohn upper and lower a-arms with my UMI k-member without an issue. Looks damn good too...