Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

BMR Lowering Springs & _____ shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:22 PM

BMR Lowering Springs & _____ shocks?

What shocks do you guys recommend with a set of BMR lowering springs? I want to lower my car about an inch and I've got 75K on my originals, so I figure I might as well replace them as well. I've been looking at SLP Bilsteins since they're a little milder than the Bilstein HD's, but I'm open to suggestions. I don't really race anymore, so I'm just looking for a something to get me around. Budget is a factor too, I'm trying to keep the shocks under $400.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:13 AM

Re: BMR Lowering Springs & _____ shocks?

i was into replacing my stock shocks as well because when i bought my car it was lowered. then come to find out after nearly purchasing some Konis i changed my oil and noticed the shocks were blue and yellow! i was just thinking to myself... what an idiot for not checking.. SO my car is lowered and i have billstein shocks. i have NO complaints with mine, i drive fast as hell in Tulsa (WORST STREETS IN THE COUNTRY) and i have no problems, in fact the ride quality is excellent and who knows when these were put on?!

SO in conclusion... everyone says Konis are the BEST when i was always thinking "i dont see how the ride quality of mine could improve that much" then i found out i have aftermarket shocks and they're great. go with budget billstein off a wrecked SLP car or buy em new.