Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Brake Ducts

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 12:45 PM

Location: You know when they Quit Suckin that something is Wrong!!!!
Re: Brake Ducts

Originally Posted by LT4Firehawk

However, if you must have brake ducts, I'd recommend you get some from here:
http://www.severnmotorsports.com/
then get the ducting from a race supply store (like racerwholesale.com) and run the ducting from either the foglight openings, or get some ducts from the race supply store that will fit onto the lower airdam (cutting out holes for them).
Thanks for the link

...and I'll probably only keep the ducting on when I go on these spirited runs, for normal street use, I won't have it installed so I don't have to worry about water affecting the rotors.

Originally Posted by Xride
must do some very spirited driving, I found in the mountains even my LT1 brakes with the hawk bads and dot 4 I wasnt getting any fading, even when I was going into corners way to hot and panic braking right befor the corner. there was always that 1 or 2 km straight after at most 5 or 6 corners that would cool the breaks enough.

I would go with better then jsut autozone cheapa rotors, unless you are using pads that really eat the rotor and plan on replacing all the time.
Autozone has lifetime warranty and I have friends that just keep going in there and replacing their rotors for free

Also, here's a link to a road that my car sees

Yerba Buena

I currently run the Hawks w/ my current stock LT1 setup and those experience quite a bit of fading.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:20 PM

What do you mean by every rotor warps? That's funny i've had my powerslots for 2 years and not a one has warped or has deep groves.

Putting cheap rotors and agressive pads on works too. That's what i do on my daily driver(not my camaro).

Powerslot rotors with stock ceramic pads.........that's all you need my man

As for the water cracking rotors........yes it will crack rotors such as the autozones.......if they are heated up SUPER hot......but i don't think anyone can get there brakes that hot on the street. Now if you get a quality rotor, then there is no way you are going to crack it due to heat and water on the street(unless you dunk it in water)

Ever heard of water sprayers?? They use them in rally's. Spray water directly on the brakes and rotor. Actually it's more like a mist. A lot of water like a garden hose can do damage.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:29 PM

I think what was meant was that all rotors can warp given the proper circumstances. The stock LS1 GM rotors warped very easily, but I think this was from poor metal quality used to make the rotors. Most aftermarket LS1 rotors don't tend to have near the warping problems that OEM units did. Also, with the type of road and driving that he's looking at, I would NOT recommend ceramic pads. Ceramic pads are designed for minimal noise and dust and "normal" street use. The type of road and driving he's doing is closer to a mild open track day than normal street use. I'd recommend the Carbotech Bobcat pads, they'll work great for nomal street use (with the possibility of a little more dust than a stock pad), but will stop much better than a street pad.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:47 PM

i honestly donno WHY, but good or bad, almost every LS1 front rotor warps with mild agressive use... the only ones ive heard that dont do that are baers new eradi-speed rotors,and they're way too pricy for me..... autozone free replacements are IMO the best option for the LS1 rotors, just because they arnt total crap, and you get replacements when they warp.