Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:03 PM

brake lines

Hey guys im ordering steel lines and front pads for my 94 with the ls1 front brakes. Im just wondering if the goodridge's plastic coating is really worth the extra money or if it even matters because earls is way cheaper...
Old 06-25-2004, 04:42 PM

I dont know about the coatings, but I have used earls brake lines. They are great. Really helps stop the car.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:27 PM

I've got both. Functionally they are the same but I like the Goodridges better. Earl's driver side rear line is a couple of inches too long. I had to do a little modifying to the mounting bracket to take the sharp bend out of that line and its still sharper than I would like. Earl's lines use a threaded collar with a nut to hold the lines in the brackets. Works fine.
The Goodridge lines have the plastic coating which I have read keeps dirt from getting between the steel braid and the inner lining and wearing the lining. They use the same spring clip that the stock lines use to hold them in the brackets. I don't know how the rear lines fit, I only have the fronts.
When you go to change them, it's a good idea to have a flare wrench. Brake lines tend to be really tight and you can round the corners off the fittings trying to get them apart with a regular wrench.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:50 PM

What is a flare wrench??

OH and also if I have lt1 rear brakes and ls1 fronts do I have to have the lt1 rear lines or will the ls1 rear lines work, sam strano isnt sure that will work because apparently the ls1 lines connect in a different spot than the lt1 lines. Basically what lines do I need to make this freakin work ive heard all of vague answers and its time to get something for sure, from what I knew a full set of ls1 lines would work, but I would like to know for sure. Thanks

Last edited by lt4 fd; 06-30-2004 at 01:55 PM.