Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Brake(!)(P) light has been on since new motor, gone through EVERYTHING, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 02:50 PM

Brake(!)(P) light has been on since new motor, gone through EVERYTHING, HELP!

Well, when we first got the motor in it was a gamble if the Brake(!)(P) light would come on, some times it would, sometimes it wouldnt. But since then I have swapped rear ends (and brakes), bled the system probably 50 times including the abs block. there are no leaks, i mean the abs block is spotless, i'd see a leak in it. i am running the earls solo-bleeders, so i would think that would help rule out air in the lines. i have checked all the connections on the unit, looks like there are three connectors and one fat one.

btw- the car doesnt have cruise control or tcs since i converted it to a non-tcs throttle cable, but the whole cruise box is gone.

any ideas? the brakes do kinda suck, but not sure if they suck more then they used to (lt1 brakes suck either way).

thanks,
James
Old 05-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Re: Brake(!)(P) light has been on since new motor, gone through EVERYTHING, HELP!

Did you check the master cylinder for leakage, between the pistons for front and rear braking circuits?

Did you check the switch for the e-brake?