Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Brake pad opinions and fluid suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 11:38 AM

Brake pad opinions and fluid suggestions

Hey I recently talked to sam strano about a few parts for my brakes and of course would like more than one opinion, although his seems to be a highly informed one, never the less... I was debating on hawk HPS or HP+ pads and he like HP+ up front and HPS in the rear. The reason being the HP+ feel better for fronts and they bite too hard to put in the rear. Still have to check on pricing but just wondering from anyone who has used the HPS and HP+ up front how different it felt also and importantly how long did they last in relation to stockers. My car is mainly street driving for now with autocrossing plans in the future, not serious autoxing but just for fun every so often. Basically wondering how different each would feel up front and how long they last in relation to the stockers and how much dust each creates....? As for the fluid he seems to hold proirity for good fluid over steel lines, so I was wondering who else found this true and what they use?