Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Brake problems again

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 12:54 PM

Brake problems again

So yea...

Brakes arent working on the hawk. Here's how the story goes....

So I removed the brake lines (the 2 front brake lines into the ABS unit) to pull the k-member and loosened the bleeder screws on the ABS unit for some reason.

Then when I got the car running I tied up the brake lines, forgot about the ABS bleeder screws, and drove the car around the driveway but the brakes didnt do ANYTHING. I depressed the brakes many times.

Then I bled the brake system in order: ABS, RR, RL, FR, FL and the brakes were working, but no power brakes. I also had to replace a seal for the main brake lines in front w/ o-rings... which probably cant handle the brake line pressure. That might be the reason I am not getting good braking in the front and it smells under hard braking due to brake fluid burning on the rotors.

I tested the vacuum and its pulling 15-20 inches, which should be enough to power the brake booster.

Now the brakes are acting REALLY weird. The pedal is soft and will often times go all the way down and stop just before the floor before it starts to brake. Then when I let it off and pump it, the pressure build up. If I apply pressure and steadily brake and lightly let off, the pedal falls until it eventually falls to the floor and I get no brakes at all. Then I have to pump it quickly to get the brakes back.

Any ideas?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:56 PM

Re: Brake problems again

anyone?