Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Brakes in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:36 AM

Angry Brakes in Germany

I have a 2000 Camaro SS. I am in the military stationed in Germany. I have had a few times where I have been driving on the autobahns way to fast and came around a bend only to find myself slamming on the brakes and downshifting to stop in time. I am looking for some cross drilled and slotted rotors and brake pads to go with them. Can anyone offer me some good ideas. I was looking at pads that range from semi-metalic to some ceramics and ceramics with carbon fiber. The rotors I was looking at were the brembo cross drilled and slotted. When I realized that I was looking at spending over 700 dollars for the ones I choose, I had no choice but to reconsider. I am looking at putting an STS turbo on my car. I am looking at the kit that will give me 500 ponies at the wheel and 545 lbs of tq. I need to upgrade the brakes when I do this. Should I spend the money on the Brembo and ceramic/carbon fiber or should I look into some cheaper makes that will stop as well or better? Can you also add places to look or where you found the items? Thanks for all of the help.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:42 AM

I have a very good experience with Movits (www.movit.de), I had Baer track kit who was complete piece of crap as rotors kept cracking on roadracing courses. With Movits I have excellent stopping power and they have not developed any microcracks or anything else, also they are very streetable. Or you can try Brembo as you have planned which is a very good brand as well.