Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Brakes, steering, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 AM

Brakes, steering, etc

So the time has finally come to "strip" my car down. I had pride in knowing I was running 10's (and just around the corner from 9's) with a well stocked Camaro 6-spd. Ice cold AC, cruise control, PS, PB, ABS, Air Bags, full interior etc, etc.

Well now with my (3 channel) Moser 9" no more ABS. So I figured I might as well ditch the power brakes as well and I like the Billingsly Racing master cylinder that bolts up to the stock holes on the firewall. Although I prefer the Hurst Roll Control compared to the Biondo line lock. Does anyone else make a nice non power brake master cylinder install kit?

And I have the LS1 front brakes on my car and figure it is time to upgrade (lighten up) by going to some drag race/street front/rear brakes. Aerospace seems to fit my budget, but I'm not sure about quality or installation. Can I use some stock LT1 front spindles? Will the rears work with a 9" big bearing with a "stock" GM axle flange?

I have a PA racing tubular K-member (mild steel) with adjustable lower control arms (mild steel) that I am going to sell and buy their chrome moly version for the manual steering rack, along with upper and lower control arms in chrome moly as well.

Who makes a good manual steering rack kit? Bolt in is preferable.

I might think about keeping the AC if I can figure out how to mount a compressor nice without using the stock accessory bracket. I know I would have to make some custom AC lines though.

How about a low mount (possibly drivers side) alternator mount?

Lots of questions here, thanks for any and all help.