Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.
View Poll Results: What Springs Should i buy????
SLP 1" drop
22.22%
Wait for Strano's 1.2" drop
61.11%
Mac Progressive about 1"
0%
GMS Progressive 1.25
0%
BMR Progressive 1"
16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Buying new springs asap. HATE MY EIBACHS **POLL**

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:59 PM

Buying new springs asap. HATE MY EIBACHS **POLL**

alright i have the eibach pro kit, have tried lifting em up but yea, these springs are just awful. now i got a new rearend and a different offset wheel. and of course my tires are getting cut up.

SO.

new springs.

what should i buy? i want the Strano's but i dont wanna wait 2 months to get them, ( maybe ) so what should i buy? how are the BMR's?

i dont want more than 1.25" drop cuz my city sucks for bottoming out. 1" would be ideal.

are the Strano's really worth the wait, ( my city has terrible roads very rough, )

im leaning towards the BMR progressive springs, being they are only a 1" drop and i like the progressive idea for my horrible roads.

the Bmr Spring rate is 310-550 for the front and 145-170 for the rear.
Strano's are 550/150
Old 05-25-2007, 01:36 AM

Right now im waiting for my springs from strano. Id love to give you my review for them but havent gotten them yet. Is it worth the wait? from what ive heard about them yea it will be
Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM

Judging from his level of expertise and the other good setups and advice he puts out, I would wait for the Stranos.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:33 PM

Hotchkis is another alternative.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:45 PM

Currently I have sh!tty H&R springs....soon, I will be getting the Strano springs....along with a set of adj. Konis!
Old 05-28-2007, 04:40 AM

So are you blaming the Eibach springs for purchasing the wrong offset wheels? How big and what offset wheels are tires are they? I have Eibachs and was a nice improvement over stock. Car handles way better and the 1.25 inch drop really helped in closeing up the huge fender to tire gap. I'm not saying there might not be a better spring out there. I would just like to know why you think there so crappy.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
So are you blaming the Eibach springs for purchasing the wrong offset wheels? How big and what offset wheels are tires are they? I have Eibachs and was a nice improvement over stock. Car handles way better and the 1.25 inch drop really helped in closeing up the huge fender to tire gap. I'm not saying there might not be a better spring out there. I would just like to know why you think there so crappy.
first of all i hated my eibachs just as much with my stock wheels and tires, the only reason why my tires are being cut is bcause i dont have an ajustable panhard rod.

the wheels i ordered are exactly the same as my stock wheels, but the rears tires are a little bigger even tho it is the stock 275\40\17, therefor its being cut.

do a search on Eibach springs, 90% of the people hate them and we all share the same problem.

wheels are american racing 17 x 9.5 with i bieleve a 35 mm offset.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by shocker45
first of all i hated my eibachs just as much with my stock wheels and tires, the only reason why my tires are being cut is bcause i dont have an ajustable panhard rod.

the wheels i ordered are exactly the same as my stock wheels, but the rears tires are a little bigger even tho it is the stock 275\40\17, therefor its being cut.

do a search on Eibach springs, 90% of the people hate them and we all share the same problem.

wheels are american racing 17 x 9.5 with i bieleve a 35 mm offset.
so what your saying is you dont like them cause other people dont like them?

obviously the problem your having is due to lowering your car and not buying all the pieces you need

instead of spending more money on more springs that are going to cause the same exact problem (rear not being centered) why dont you buy the adj. panhard bar first, your going to need it anyway

and if after that you still dont like them because other people dont like them, or you can come up with a reason of your own to not like them, buy the springs
Old 05-28-2007, 02:08 PM

This may be a dumb question, but where would I get a set of Strano's and how much are they?
Old 05-28-2007, 03:27 PM

my rear is only off center by 1\3 of an inch, it wont make that much of a diff.

the PHB has nothing to do with a horrible spring rate i can push the back of my car down to my bump stops with half my body weight.

i dont know why you guys are thinking that its not the springs fault lol, the eibach pro kit is garbage, end of story lol, they are notorious for *** sag after about 2 months. well ive had mine on for 9 months now, and they are garbage, worst riding car ive ever been in.

after i got my rearend in, ( my car was on a hoist for a week ) my springs got some spring back into them lol, for 2 days, it drove unbielevably well, just like when i first put them in, 2 days later, *** end is down an extra inch, and no travel and no tension.

you cant blame my shocks, or my phb or whatever else you may want to come up with. its very obvious what the problem is.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:53 PM

my rear is only off center by 1\3 of an inch, it wont make that much of a diff.

the PHB has nothing to do with a horrible spring rate i can push the back of my car down to my bump stops with half my body weight.

i dont know why you guys are thinking that its not the springs fault lol, the eibach pro kit is garbage, end of story lol, they are notorious for *** sag after about 2 months. well ive had mine on for 9 months now, and they are garbage, worst riding car ive ever been in.

after i got my rearend in, ( my car was on a hoist for a week ) my springs got some spring back into them lol, for 2 days, it drove unbielevably well, just like when i first put them in, 2 days later, *** end is down an extra inch, and no travel and no tension.

you cant blame my shocks, or my phb or whatever else you may want to come up with. its very obvious what the problem is.
For one thing, the car will not track right if you don't center the car over the rearend. Shorter springs need different shocks as well. Besides that the control arms are now at the wrong angle and you need relocation brackets. And on top of that, if that isn't enough, your pinion angle is off also, from lowering the car. And if you didn't know it, Eibachs have a lifetime warranty against sagging, and your the first one I've ever heard of having a problem with that. Next time do it right, (research) or don't complain when it doesn't work out the way you thought it would.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
For one thing, the car will not track right if you don't center the car over the rearend. Shorter springs need different shocks as well. Besides that the control arms are now at the wrong angle and you need relocation brackets. And on top of that, if that isn't enough, your pinion angle is off also, from lowering the car. And if you didn't know it, Eibachs have a lifetime warranty against sagging, and your the first one I've ever heard of having a problem with that. Next time do it right, (research) or don't complain when it doesn't work out the way you thought it would.
i have a lowercontrol arm reloaction kit as well as an adjustable torque arm and i set my pinion angel to -1.3 degrees. but thanks for the advice.
and i do have new shocks as well. ive done my research and i know the problem.

go to ls1tech.com and do a search for eibach springs, there is hundreds of posts of people who do not like them for all the same reasons.

Last edited by shocker45; 05-28-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:56 PM

I got mine in about a month ago, an i will agree, the ride is pretty bad, but i couldnt stand the fender gap.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by SS1156
This may be a dumb question, but where would I get a set of Strano's and how much are they?

Google "Sam Strano" or do a search on here. He can give you all the info.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:54 PM

i have a lowercontrol arm reloaction kit as well as an adjustable torque arm and i set my pinion angel to -1.3 degrees. but thanks for the advice.
and i do have new shocks as well. ive done my research and i know the problem.

go to ls1tech.com and do a search for eibach springs, there is hundreds of posts of people who do not like them for all the same reasons.
Would have been nice if you posted that info in the first place. Good luck with your next set of springs and thanks for wasting my time.

Quick Reply: Buying new springs asap. HATE MY EIBACHS **POLL**