Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

C5 brake brackets on e-bay!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 08:23 PM

Arrow C5 brake brackets on e-bay!

Found a set of C5 brake brackets on Flea-bay..........
Just in case someone was looking....
Old 10-29-2004, 01:52 AM

Re: C5 brake brackets on e-bay!

Originally Posted by carnutz
Found a set of C5 brake brackets on Flea-bay..........
Just in case someone was looking....

For the lazy ones such as myself that dont want to search

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Not sure how much I would trust ebay for something that important. But who knows might be able to get something that's good for cheap.

Then again... Those look like Bob Bishops Gen2 brackets.

Last edited by Bryan Smith; 10-29-2004 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:57 AM

They are close to bob's brackets but are not his.

They lack the shot blast finish and are slightly different on the hub clearance hole.

FRRAX.com is having another group purchase on Bob's brackets.

The ebay brackets might be good enough, but I have Bob's and they look more finished than these. Also critical is the type of bolts with the kit, you don't want anything cheap there.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:36 AM

Those are DEFINITELY NOT my brackets. From what I can determine (from other info I have on those), my bracket would be at LEAST 37% stronger than that bracket in initial strength. In long-term fatigue resistance, my bracket would be even stronger yet, but that would be harder to calculate since the # of stress cycles and their % of the yield tensile strength are unknown (how hard will you use the brakes?), but 50% would seem reasonable for street use. A 100 to 200% increase may be possible in racing use.

As was mentioned, the bracket mounting bolts are very critical. In all of my laboratory tests, the mounting bolts failed before my bracket. That is why I upgraded to ARP bolts there, even though they cost $24.00/set more than normal 10.9 property class bolts (bolts longer than the factory bolts must be used).

My brackets are clearanced for the castle nut on the lower ball joint. In other words, mine do not need the customer to modify the brackets to fit. The unauthorized cheap copies are NOT clearanced.

He even stole my exact verbiage to describe his copies. What ethics!

Bob Bishop

Last edited by lateapex; 10-29-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by lateapex
Those are DEFINITELY NOT my brackets. From what I can determine (from other info I have on those), my bracket would be at LEAST 37% stronger than that bracket in initial strength. In long-term fatigue resistance, my bracket would be even stronger yet, but that would be harder to calculate since the # of stress cycles and their % of the yield tensile strength are unknown (how hard will you use the brakes?), but 50% would seem reasonable for street use. A 100 to 200% increase may be possible in racing use.

As was mentioned, the bracket mounting bolts are very critical. In all of my laboratory tests, the mounting bolts failed before my bracket. That is why I upgraded to ARP bolts there, even though they cost $24.00/set more than normal 10.9 property class bolts (bolts longer than the factory bolts must be used).

My brackets are clearanced for the castle nut on the lower ball joint. In other words, mine do not need the customer to modify the brackets to fit. The unauthorized cheap copies are NOT clearanced.

He even stole my exact verbiage to describe his copies. What ethics!

Bob Bishop

That really sucks he stole your design. If I knew a way I'd get him kicked off ebay What a pile of ****.

BTW I am a happy and satisfied customer with your Gen 2 aluminum brackets on my 95 Z28
Old 10-30-2004, 06:36 PM

kinda related...but does anyone sell or know where i can get c4 brake adapter brackets to put on my 93z.

lemme know thanks
brian oneqwkfbody@yahoo.com
Old 10-31-2004, 05:29 PM

I have C5 calipers for sale if anyone wants them.

Nick