Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Can I cut off or torch off my bmr vert subframe connectors I hate them!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Can I cut off or torch off my bmr vert subframe connectors I hate them!!!!

I confess ,I cheaped out .I used only kenny brown double diamond on my 97 and 99 trans ams but thought the bmr subrame connectors would do the job on my 96 vert.I HATE THEM!!! Right from day one they got put noticed no difference at all ,if anything made more rattles.Car still feels like a floppy piece of crap.I recently installed a hotchkis stb and that helped a bit but I want to get rid of these bmr subframe connectors and buy some kbddsfc like should have bought in the first place.

Anyone take off the bmrs.Will likely take it to professionals but what would work the best or is this even possible? Tips please I know zip about welding and all that metalwork stuff.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:17 PM

Re: Can I cut off or torch off my bmr vert subframe connectors I hate them!!!!

is this the first convertible that you've had SFC on? cause that makes all the difference.
they are inherently weaker.

why not just get some square steal stock and fab up a connection from the middle of the SFC to the mounting point for the KBDD.

cheaper than torching off the BMRs and buying and installing new ones.

personally i love my BMRs...but it's not a vert