Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Can LT1 ebrake handle assembly work with LS1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 PM

Can LT1 ebrake handle assembly work with LS1 ?

I put C5 calipers and LS1 camaro rear rotors on my LT1. Since the LS1 uses shoes on the inside of the rotors for its ebrake I had to use an LS1 style Ebrake cable that connects to the hooks that actuates/expands the brake shoes.
But the Ebrake handle assembly for the LT1 and the LS1 looks exactly the same? And the LT1 Ebrake handle assemble connects to the LS1 rear ebrake cables the same way.

The problem is that where the LT1 ebrake handle assembly cable seems too short to meet the 2 shoe brake cables under the car. I can get the cables to connect but there seems to be a lot of tension... And the more tension the more it activates/expands the brake shoes. But I can't tell if it actually is expanding the shoes or if its suppose to be like that. I would rather not find
I put C5 calipers and LS1 camaro rear rotors on my LT1. Since the LS1 uses shoes on the inside of the rotors for its ebrake I had to use an LS1 style Ebrake cable that connects to the hooks at actuates/expands the brake shoes.
But the Ebrake handle assembly for the LT1 and the LS1 looks exactly the same? And the LT1 Ebrake handle assemble connects to the LS1 rear ebrake cables the same way. Maybe there is a slight cable length difference? But I did a rough measurement and found no difference in the ebrake handle assembly cable length.

I'd like to keep the LT1 brake handle if possible.

Looking to see if someone has done this mod before.