Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

click from shock

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 03:48 AM

click from shock

well my friend and i put on my rear bilsteins today and now the car seems to sit even again. (it used to sag to the back right corner) if you push down on the car it will come right back up, as opposed to how it used to bounce around. the back right shock clicks now though when you push it down. it didnt seem to do it the first few times we tested it out. after we did the other shock we pushed on both sides to check their firmness. low and behold, one shock makes a noise now. is there any way to possibly break a shock by accident? the car doesnt bounce around even now...just makes the clicking noise. there has been a rattle in my trunk for some time now, and i thought it was the shocks just really worn out. ...the rattle is still there. the spare tire and jack are secured tightly. any ideas? by the way, wheel hop doesnt exist anymore, which is nice. the car does feel a bit different. should i be worried about the clicking noise?

thanks,
adam
Old 05-30-2005, 10:31 AM

Re: click from shock

maybe you didnt tighten the shock to the axle enough?
Old 05-30-2005, 11:16 AM

Re: click from shock

that was my first thought as well...but we torqued it twice to make sure the ft/lbs were correct.