Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Complete Suspension Performance Kit from Jeg's

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:20 AM

Talking Complete Suspension Performance Kit from Jeg's

Has anyone tried the above mentioned kit from Jeg's on their car? It contains an Eibach Pro-Kit front and rear springs, Complete Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex bushing kit, KYB Gas Adjust front and rear struts and shocks, and Suspension Techniques front (1 3/8") and rear ( 1") sway bars. All for $862.99.

Seems like a super deal. I don't race my car, mostly a daily driver.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:48 PM

Re: Complete Suspension Performance Kit from Jeg's

If my math is correct..isn't 1" equal 25.4mm, seems to be a lil big for the rear for a street car. The front sounds fine...I have a 35mm in front and works great. I would probably go with different shocks in that setup like some decent priced Bilsteins would be good. If you have money to spend I'd look at Koni's SA or you could go with revalved Bilsteins like mine for a firmer ride than the regular Bilsteins.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:03 PM

i had eibach prokit for several years, recently went to Ground control front coil over kit w/ 500# linear eibachs. i raised the front higher than the prokit, and the car feels better.

little softer ride and more front traction since i gave it back some suspension travel. oh, and no more bouncy feeling from the variable rate LT1 prokit springs. i already had koni SA so i don't think it was the shock's fault. also Strano's 35mm hollow front bar
Old 09-20-2005, 03:05 PM

No its not really a "super deal." If you add up all of that stuff individually, the total price will probably be very close to that package deal. You are better off researching these boards a little and buying the stuff seperate. As stated above, there are much much better shock/strut choices out there. Sure you will spend more, but the quality and handling will be much better.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
No its not really a "super deal." If you add up all of that stuff individually, the total price will probably be very close to that package deal. You are better off researching these boards a little and buying the stuff seperate. As stated above, there are much much better shock/strut choices out there. Sure you will spend more, but the quality and handling will be much better.
I agree. KYB's aren't really "bad shocks" imo, but there are better choices out there, and some people call 'em Keep Ya Bouncin's. From what I've seen, they dont hold up very well, especially when combined with a stiffer spring.
The rear ST bar is way to big, and the front one weighs a LOT for a swaybar. The hollow one is as stiff as a 34.5 solid one, and weighs 3 more lbs than the stocker.

For 8-900 bucks, i'd do:
Springs ~250
Bilstiens regular, ~300, Strano Revalves ~500
Front Hollow 35mm bar 200

I've heard that teh Energy Susp. stuff is very stiff. never used it myself, but i'd look at going to Orielly's and getting some Moog stuff or somthing.Prothane is supposed to be good as well, not as harsh as ES.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:03 PM

I would check out some of these vendors to start:
www.spohn.net
www.bmrfabrication.com
www.umiperformance.com

They can help you piece together a really solid front and rear suspension and may even save a few bucks.