Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

control arms, kmembers, and lowering (oh my)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:24 PM

control arms, kmembers, and lowering (oh my)

Ok, I need some suspension advise. I have a 1993 Camaro that I'm getting ready to put back together. I went ahead and bought the BMR tubular K member (factory rack and pinion) and driveshaft safty loop.

I think since I'm going to rip the suspension out to put this K-member in I might as well beef it up while I'm at it. I was going to go with the non-adjustable BMR upper and lower front A-arms as well as the boxed lower control arms from BMR. I also want to lower the car and I'm probably going to go with the Eibach Pro kit.

My question is, do I need the adjustable versions of the front upper and lower and rear control arms to correct the suspension for the car being lowered by the Eibach pro kit? Will the non-adjustable parts hurt me in the end if I lower it? What are the advantages of the adjustable pieces and how do I learn to adjust them right? Would a good suspension shop be able to figure it all out?

thanks,

-Nate