Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

could this bend a knuckle??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 05:52 PM

could this bend a knuckle??

A guy I know has a 02 T/A that was t-boned on the driver side. The driver side knuckle is busted in a clean break, but the passenger side knuckle he said is ok. I looked at the passenger side and it's not busted, but not sure if it might be bent. I forgot to see how the tire sit to see if it's tilted inward or not. I thought maybe from the impact it could bend the knuckle or possible if the car slid some after the hit and bending the knuckle from the stress on the tire being pushed sideways? Do you guys think it'd be alright, or try it out and see how it works on the car? I wouln't wanna waste my time with it if you guys feel it could be done for sure. The car was hit in the drivers side door area to give you all an idea. Let me know! Thanks!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:42 AM

Re: could this bend a knuckle??

I think it would be pretty hard to bend it, unless you got jammed against a curb or something. From experience i will tell you it is almost impossible to look at the knuckle physically and tell its bent. I went threw the same sort of thing about a year ago, and turned out mine was bent. $50 for one from the scrap yard and i was on my way. If insurance is covering it, i would see if i could get them to put a new one in anyways, just to feel good about it again, and not have any worries.