Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

couple questions on line lock install

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:12 AM

couple questions on line lock install

i recently purchased a SJM abs/line lock kit and so far everything is going good with the install but i had a couple questions. I was wondering if it would be easier to run a single line to the rear and then t it off back there rather than doing it in the engine bay? i am having trouble flaring the old lines down beside the manifolds because there is nearly no space to work with the flare tool. I also was wondering are all the hard brake lines 3/16 or are the ones that run to the rear 1/4? If anyone has any suggestions or help please let me know thanks..
Old 03-27-2011, 10:02 AM

Re: couple questions on line lock install

on my 94 camaro i just threw all the abs crap away an ran a b&m roll control i ran it right from master cylinder to line lock solednoid an from there ran new 3/16s brake lines to rubber hoses n the front. then ran a 1/4 brake line from master cylinder to the rear rubber hose and bled it out.been that way for 6 years and it stops like it did b 4 just without abs.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Why are you working on the lines to the rear brakes? The line lock installs in the line for the front brakes from the master cylinder to the pressure sensor block on the side of the ABS motor pack. The line for the front brakes is the one toward the rear on the master cylinder.

The 3-channel ABS-only cars have a single line running to the back, and a tee on top of the diff housing. The 4-channel ABS + Traction Control cars have dual brake lines running to the back, and they have to be attached to the ABS motor pack for the TCS to work.

Last edited by Injuneer; 03-27-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:23 PM

i think fred meant to say the line lock only goes to the front brakes
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by shawngamblez28
i think fred meant to say the line lock only goes to the front brakes
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll revise it to say what I meant.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM

no prob we know what u meant lol ur very helpful to everybody on here thanks fred
Old 03-27-2011, 08:28 PM

thanks for the input.. i meant to ask about the rear brake lines as they go to the prop valve. sorry i didnt point that out and my thread name just states the line lock.lol..oops.. but yeah today i actually took care of all of it and it turned out perfect so far. I was just looking for some input before i tackled it today but i ended up just working it out. Everything went fine until i went to replace my RF brake hose because the one i put on last summer ended up tearing due to it not being long enough or something. I put all new russel braided hoses on and this one on the right front doesnt seem to be correct. I went and bought a stock rubber one and even it seems to small. What i mean is when the wheel is turned all the way to the left it barely fits and im afraid of it breaking again. Anyone have an idea of what i could do or why even the stock replacement doesnt seem to fit right? it is all mounted in the stock location as well.