Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Creeking Sound? In Front End....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Creeking Sound? In Front End....

First off, thank you for taking the time to read my question. I purchased my Camaro 2 years ago and the guy that I bought the car from upgraded the suspension. He installed the Eibach lowering kit, and koni 3 ways in the rear. I'm currently having a problem when the weather is very warm. Whenever I go over speed bumps in a parking lot or pass over any dips I hear creeking sounds (Only in hot weather). It sounds like it's coming from the front. Could these be my struts? I live in an area that has really nasty roads (luckily I'm moving ) And I have also hit some really bad bumps on the freeway. Any clues as to what the problem could be?

Thanks again for reading! Your response is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:24 PM

Does it do it in the rain ?

Could be dry bushings - my buddy's '00 SS w/ all of the SLP goodies ( suspension)on it used to do that, and he would drive it in the rain - problem solved.

My '99 gets like that , too.

I am curious to see who else - and what else - might be chimed in on this one.

Britt
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 PM

Not in the rain

No, it doesn't do it in the rain. It only does it when it's hot and sunny outside. I also noticed that when I abruptly stop it makes the same creeking sounds............ What could this be? These creeking noises only happen when it's hot out.......

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Can you make the noise happen when someone bounces the front end up and down? If so, get under there, and hold your hand on the parts that can "creak" like the upper and lower A-arm bushings and ball joints. You should be able to feel the vibration at the parts creak.

Does the noise happen when you turn the front wheels from side to side, or only when the front end moves up and down?