Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

damage & drivability

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 09:07 PM

damage & drivability

ok, finally took a picture of the damaged left underside and I was curious what people think about it... It's next to where the tranny mount bolts up tot he frame and pushed it up an inch or so. picture is not the greatest, but you get the picture. I was curious mainly to know if a DMV instpector (in florida) saw this, would he not give it a title? Long story and it's posted elsewhere in this forum, but I need to know if this is really bad or something that's not going to affect the car's structural integrety much if at all. It was like that why I bought it, but I don't want to go this far and find out that I can't get it to be approved by the inspector. The damage might've been casued by either the towing company, salvage yard (they sold the rims and used a fork lift so to do this. I know this because they had to use one to bring it to the front of the lot before putting wheels on it again. I didn't check or take pictures of this before buying the car so I don't know if they are to blame or not), or the previous owners in which they had a broken front windshield which shows they didn't take the highest care of this '92 camaro heritage edition . btw, she survived the hurricane