Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

DMS (dynamic motorsports) Springs???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:50 PM

DMS (dynamic motorsports) Springs???

I was wanting to know if these springs are really better than the Eibach sportlines. If anybody knows about these please chime in. I noticed that the owner of camaroz28.com has a set. If you read this post please let me know your thoughts on them. I am getting a set of them along with some Bilstein HD's.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM

Re: DMS (dynamic motorsports) Springs???

The DMS are said to sit higher in the rear. People run !isolator to compensate if they want, other like the stance. Eibiotch has had sagging issues and not enough rate for how short they are to stay off the bump stops making for a horrible ride.

Here is a link to some spring rates for comparison.
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
Old 12-27-2005, 10:17 PM

better than Sportlines.... I'd say yes, but thats due to the fact Sportlines are not very good. I think the rates are higher than they need to be. Hell, the rear springs are stiffer than I use on my autocross car, and that might not mean much if I was just banging around locally and didn't have a clue, but with 150 pound rear springs I won my second SCCA National Championship in 2004 in my car. I think there are better springs personally, but that's just MHO.

The bigger point is the shocks... HD's are not, NOT, *NOT* meant for lowering springs. Someday all my time saying this will sink it so that others will keep me from having to type it all the time. Bilstein says, flat out in their catalog HD's are "not suitable" for lowered cars. Shocks are spring dampers, when you increase you spring rate, you better increase you damping rate too if you want the car to be controlled like it should be.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:30 PM

Will this combination of springs and shocks be alot better in terms of ride quality v. stock springs w/ bilstein hd's?? Or will it help me at the dragstrip any??
Old 12-30-2005, 01:02 PM

Stock springs with HD's is your best ride. It has the most suspension travel, and the lower spring rates. For those wanting to know how more spring makes our cars act, just ride in a half-ton pick-up and then a 3/4 or 1-ton truck and compare. Same thing, more spring & solid axles.

And again, the fact that the HD's are not valved to damp higher rate springs won't help matters.....

And your best weight transfer is with softer springs too.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 01 FS Z28
better than Sportlines.... I'd say yes, but thats due to the fact Sportlines are not very good. I think the rates are higher than they need to be. Hell, the rear springs are stiffer than I use on my autocross car, and that might not mean much if I was just banging around locally and didn't have a clue, but with 150 pound rear springs I won my second SCCA National Championship in 2004 in my car. I think there are better springs personally, but that's just MHO.

The bigger point is the shocks... HD's are not, NOT, *NOT* meant for lowering springs. Someday all my time saying this will sink it so that others will keep me from having to type it all the time. Bilstein says, flat out in their catalog HD's are "not suitable" for lowered cars. Shocks are spring dampers, when you increase you spring rate, you better increase you damping rate too if you want the car to be controlled like it should be.
Will a set of SLP revalves work with the DMS Springs??
Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 AM

Work? Yes. Work properly? No.

SLP shocks are intended for SLP springs, which are taller and softer than the DMS (and most any other spring). A Mis-match is a mis-match, SLP's would be less of one than HD's, but still not correct.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:21 AM

I have DMS springs and the car sits perfect. The back was a little high at first and settled not long after, then I removed the spring damper/isolator or whatever that rubber thing is on top of the rear spring and slide a piece of rubber garden hose over the top part of the spring.

Works like a charm. I have SLP take off shocks, so basically stockers, and I plan on upgrading those to a nicer meant-for-lowering springs shock. (after I research which is best bang for the buck )
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 PM

I have Bilstein revalves and wondering how well they will work?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:29 PM

Since you have Revalves, I assume I did them.... what springs did I revalve the shocks for originally?????
Old 01-07-2006, 03:57 AM

Sorry to raid your post but I had a question. Are SS springs or Z28 springs different then v6 springs? Seems like stock springs sit higher then ss stock springs. Any help would be great, thanks guys!