Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Droopy front end. :- (

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 11:12 AM

Droopy front end. :- (

Hello,

I'm new to this process of posting a new thread so please bare with me. I appologize in advance for the long winded message. I have a problem with my 1999 Camaro SS and need some help.

The right side (Passenger side) of my car is lower than the left side (Driver side). There seems to be a bigger difference in the front than in the back. There is a 1/2 inch difference at the front wheel opening and about 1/3 inch difference at the back wheel opening. Everything on the car is stock and original. It has about 36,700 miles and have been well taken care of. I think the problem might be the front spring on the right side but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any ideas how I should go about determining the problem? Please help.

BTW..There are no noticeable problems with the suspension in any way shape or form. I've also been thinking about getting lowering springs but first I want to fix the problem.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:31 PM

Re: Droopy front end. :- (

Assuming you haven't bent or damaged anything, it is most likely the springs.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:35 AM

Re: Droopy front end. :- (

Thanks for replying.

Do you or anyone know if this is a common problem? I'm just surprised the spring would sag considering it is well taken care of and has low mileage. Also, I don't really feel any difference between the front springs when I go over bumps. Do you have any suggestions as to the type of springs I should get to replace the original ones?