Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Eibach Drag Launch Springs?? Now car sits to high?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:01 AM

Eibach Drag Launch Springs?? Now car sits to high?!?!

When I put my eibach drag launch springs on along with the KYB adj shocks, the front of the car sat a lot lower than stock and the rear of the car is a LOT higher. For awhile I just assumed this was normal but now as the car doesn't launch very well on the street even with 28" et drags Im starting to get a little concerned as everyone keeps telling me that the rear of my car needs to come down a little and that should help the launching.

Whats the deal are these things supposed to really sit this high? Im thinking about cutting them or something. I dunno what the hell to think anymore. Anyone else come across this issue?
Old 07-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Re: Eibach Drag Launch Springs?? Now car sits to high?!?!

I have the Eibach Drag Launch springs in the back, and I'd say it raised the back end about 1/2" above stock. Don't know about the front end, since I have the HAL drag springs, and the QA1 shocks for adjustable height, which is set at stock.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I have the Eibach Drag Launch springs in the back, and I'd say it raised the back end about 1/2" above stock. Don't know about the front end, since I have the HAL drag springs, and the QA1 shocks for adjustable height, which is set at stock.
Yea I would agree about how much they raised it. But is that OK then? Or is my shocks just not set right? Im set all the way soft in the front and in the rear Im at like setting 2 on the left and 3 on the right with 15psi in the bag. Does this sound right to everyone else? Im running the KYB shocks so like the maximun setting is like 8.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:29 PM

I am running the same setup.
Mine is the same way, lowered in front and skyjacked in the rear, really nothing you can do about it short of pulling the front shocks and springs out and putting in Konis or Hals and the rears......get rid of the springs........only way to lower it back down.
Do you have any other suspension mods? I have a BMR TA and relocation brackets and I run Weld Pro Star XPs 15x10 with Nitto DRs and I launch the car pretty soft with 1.90 sixty foot average.
I,m sure ET drags or streets and a more aggressive launch would give me 1.7s or so but I don,t wanna break it yet.
If you don,t have them get the relocation brackets, these helped alot on mine.
The AGXs really are not a good drag shock, I have found this out the hard way
Old 07-28-2004, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by revtime
I am running the same setup.
Mine is the same way, lowered in front and skyjacked in the rear, really nothing you can do about it short of pulling the front shocks and springs out and putting in Konis or Hals and the rears......get rid of the springs........only way to lower it back down.
Do you have any other suspension mods? I have a BMR TA and relocation brackets and I run Weld Pro Star XPs 15x10 with Nitto DRs and I launch the car pretty soft with 1.90 sixty foot average.
I,m sure ET drags or streets and a more aggressive launch would give me 1.7s or so but I don,t wanna break it yet.
If you don,t have them get the relocation brackets, these helped alot on mine.
The AGXs really are not a good drag shock, I have found this out the hard way
Nah my car isn't lowerd so I wouldn't have a need for relocation brackets.

As for the rest of my suspension, BMR LCA's, BMR Panhard Rod, BMR rear sway bar, BMR frame mounted trak pak torque arm, BMR boxed sub frames, tubular k-member, 28x11.5x15 mickey thompsons yadda yadda yadda 1.4 60's at the track and still NO HOOK ON THE STREET
Old 07-28-2004, 09:39 PM

You pull 1.4 sixties and your bitchin?
Its always harder to do it on the street, the way they prep the track makes a big difference.
Just FYI but my setup is the same as yours and the relocation brackets made a big difference, your car does not have to be lowered for them to work.