Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

eibach drag luanch springs with airbag a good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 10:24 PM

eibach drag luanch springs with airbag a good choice?

i was just wondering if the eibach drag launch spring kit is a good kit. I don't need anything wild, since the car is my daily driver in fair weather. I want something 100% streetable that doesn't cost much. if you know of any other streetable drag launch kits that are reasonably priced, please let me know. thanx much.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:51 PM

Re: eibach drag luanch springs with airbag a good choice?

I have had the drag launch kit on my car for about 15k now and its been very streetable.
I have relocation brackets and an adjustable TA with 15 inch Nitto drag radials and on the street the car launches HARD.
Some of my Fbody buddies are still amazed at how the car hooks (one of em is putting in a new motor as we speak and I am sure me handing his *** to him helped him decide to do that ) I have had zero problems with the kit and have no problem reccomending it for a daily driver.
Install is not fun but once its in I think you,ll love it.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:54 PM

i obviously know how to install springs, but how do you do the airbag setup. I'm not framiliar with setting up the airbag, nor do i really know how to get the max advantage from the airbag as far as firmness, etc. anyy suggestions?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:40 PM

the bag slids into the spring, and it uses and valve and air tube to hold pressure. i would start around 10 psi.

i have the drag launch kit but it made my rear end sitting high (4x4 look) so i took them out but kept the airbag and went with the prokit.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:53 PM

Yeah my rear sits way high too. I don,t like the lowered look so its been fine for me.
I didn,t run my air line to anywhere I just put about 3 or 4 inches of hose on the nipple and routed it out through the hole in the spring perch, its easy to get to and very simple to accomplish.
I keep 5 lbs in the bag on the street and experiment with different settings at the track.
Eibach installs the bag in the spring so when you open the box its already in the spring, at least mine was, from there its just a matter of installing the spring and installing and routing your air line.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:29 AM

Rear drag springs aren't really necessary. I run the stock springs - 1/2 coil, air bag @ 22 psi, LCA relocator brackets, boxed stock LCAs with poly bushings, and ET streets. I consistently pull 1.57-1.64 60s dead hooking every pass.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:05 AM

so would purchasing the front drag shocks that QA1 sells for $50 a piece be a good choice with the addition of a right rear air bag? much cheaper this way.