Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Eibach Sportline Coil Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:49 PM

Eibach Sportline Coil Springs

hey im lookin at these spings that are on sale online, there used but only slightly. In the add it says "Bushings Included: No" what does that mean ? I have never lowered a car befor and dont know whats needed . Is that something that has been removed from the kit or is it something thats not needed?
If i do need the bushings , does any one know where they can be bought ?

The car is a 95 trans am if thats any help

part # EIB-4-3138

Thanks ....
Old 03-15-2006, 07:26 AM

Re: Eibach Sportline Coil Springs

Eibach springs are known to settle lower in the rear. I wouldn't buy them new much less used.

The rear springs have bushings. Just use the ones your springs are using now.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:36 AM

Hey Man....
Sorry to say the Sportline springs are just not worth the time, effort, or money to ever put on your car. I bought my car with them on and I have to say the ride in a daily driver is harsh. It's great if you want to bottom out on driveways and speedbumps. Under the car the skid plate has quite a few scars from driveways. I can sometimes hear the airdam scrape when the road is really bumpy. The airdam is taking it well. I was dumb enough to let my local dealer work on my car, well, the "techs" there test drove it, screwed around with it, something, and ended up bowing the fender out on a driveway or speedbump and trying to blame it on me. They fixed it though. You have to be able to watch the car when the person puts it on the lift so they don't screw anything up.

My biggest gripe

the rear spring on the passenger side has settled and doesn't match the other side. It's LAME!

I will say also that the ride is great when you're getting on it. The springs react quickly to the road. You will also have to upgrade pretty much all your rear suspension to run everything correctly. You'd want to put in new Shocks , control arm relocation brackets (otherwise wheelhop is your friend) and more importantly and adjustable panhard rod.

SO yeah, not worth it. Unless you're a suspension junkie.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:34 AM

If you're a suspension junkie sportlines are DEFINITELY not the way to go... they're basically for the 'low rider looks at all cost' crowd. They're sprung too light to provide decent performance, which means your jounce spacers end up as a integral part of your suspension... instead of something that's used on the rare occasion (not a good thing).

Get the Eibach Pro's if you're looking for handling... Sportlines are for looks.