Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Eibach sportline springs on WS6 opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Eibach sportline springs on WS6 opinion

I want to lower my 2001 Trans AM WS6. I'm thinking of getting the Eibach Sportline springs 1.6 in. front and 1.4 in. rear lowering. What do you guys think of this? Will I need anything else or will I be fine with the stock shocks and any other suspension parts? My car is bone stock by the way.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 AM

I wouldn't recommend it. First off, lowering our cars that much is going to cause major issues getting up/down driveways.

Second, lowering a car does little compared to upgrading shocks with regards to handling. I would not recommend lowing a car before upgrading shocks. The stockers stink at stock heights. I can't imaging going through all of that work to lower it and not upgrade the shocks.

My recommendation, leave the springs alone. Get adjustable Koni's (which will lower the car about .5"). The WS6 springs aren't bad at all. With the Koni's, they really shine.

If you are set on lower as well, get a hold of Sam Strano. He's got a package on lowering springs and shocks. If you are into the "Chicano-looking, bouncy bouncy, low rider look", get the Sportlines.

However, if you want a car that can perform as good as it looks, do it the right way.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 PM

Dont go with Sportlines...i have them on my car right now. Looks damn good but drives like ****. If you go springs go with the pro kit instead or Hotchkis springs...when people get springs they usually replace shocks and get lca relocation brackets and other supporting suspension mods. Thats all up to you, if it was me id spend a little money and do some of these mods to get the best results.