Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Eibach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:47 PM

Eibach Springs

The car I just bought has these sportlines on them and I DO NOT LIKE THEM AT ALL!!!! The car bottoms out on everything, the ride is rough, and the tires rub.

I was thinking about replacing them with the factory springs, but if not, what other options are there out there????
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Depends on what you want out of the car.

Here are some specs of many of the spring you have to chose from:
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html

Keep in mind there are some that aren't on this list that IMO shouldn't be overlooked, like Strano's.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 PM

I have sportlines and have the same issues...the eibach prokits are a whole lot nicer then the sportlines, if you want a drop.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM

Want somethinng that will lower the car a bit but not much. I drag race a lot and want something that will be good for that.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 AM

All 4th gen Eibach springs have had a problem with the rear settling lower than the front.
I'd recommend Hotchkis, BMR, or Strano and some good shocks. Keep in mind the softer rear rates will make for better ride quality.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 AM

Right now I am stuck between Strano's and BMR. I don't have the money to put new shocks on it now (I just bought the car) so I am just going to switch out the springs.

What are the pros/cons of both the Strano and the BMR's???

Also, would it hurt anything to just do the springs and not the shocks??
Old 11-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Ride quality and the fact that you'll have to redo the front springs which are the pains to do. You should also get realigned when you change your springs.

IMO get some stock rear springs for $20 or so and switch them out for now until you can afford to do it all once. Just cut a coil off or run them w/the heater hose instead of the isolator. The rear is where you'll be bottoming out.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:15 AM

Well I work at a GM dealership so they can do the work here, I know the tech guys really good and they are gonna hook me up and do it on a weekend for some cash under the table.

My credit card doesn't have anything on it, I may just put it all on that then pay it off within the next few months.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by 97formulakid
Right now I am stuck between Strano's and BMR. I don't have the money to put new shocks on it now (I just bought the car) so I am just going to switch out the springs.

What are the pros/cons of both the Strano and the BMR's???

Also, would it hurt anything to just do the springs and not the shocks??
If you have questions, ask. There is only one way BMR's are "better" than out springs... they do cost less. A number of reasons they do. Mine are built to my specs, with material that isn't as cheap as normal spring-grade steel. That material is why they just flat weigh less (about 15 pounds less for the set). The springs are wound in Germany, shipped here and that all adds cost. But we try very hard to sell for a fair price, and @ $269 shipped you're in the same kind of ball-park as other name-brand springs.

My fronts are true linear, rears are linear working rate (soft initial rate is for location only and is fully compressed and gone with the weight of the car added). The springs are firm, but not super-stiff like some are and they don't change rate as the car goes down the road. Variable rates are hard to deal with because shocks don't change rate in the same way as springs. The ultimate rates of our springs is acutally slightly softer than BMR's, which makes life a bit better for the shocks, but in reality I never recommend any lowering springs without proper dampers. Hell, I actually would prefer to see you on good shocks with stock springs first because the stock shocks aren't very good with just stock springs.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Sam, I tried calling you today buddy and left you a message. I'm positive I am going to go with your springs but had some more questions for ya. If you get time please call me at 620-272-1039.

Justin
Old 11-14-2007, 04:45 PM

Just muddling through messages, havne't gotten down the entire list yet. I'll call you as soon as I can!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 PM

It's no rush Sam, I'm a patient person, just give me a ring whenever you get a chance. I know its getting late in the day so if it's not until tomorrow or later this week that's fine!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:54 PM

Koni's and Strano's problem solved
Old 11-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Just muddling through messages, havne't gotten down the entire list yet. I'll call you as soon as I can!
I work later to help the west coasters anyway. I have a few minutes now, I'll try you shortly.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:52 PM

Heater hose isolater?

I've been hearing about using heater hose on springs here and there. Is using heater hose to replace the thick isolater on the top of the spring, which will in effect slightly lower the ride, OR keep the upper isolater and use the heater hose on the bottom of the spring to add a little more isolation from the road?