Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Electric Power Steering Pump Is There One!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned

Electric Power Steering Pump Is There One!!!!

wanted to know if there was an electric power steering system out there that could be used on the lt1 steering gear boxes for the older 92 and down cars i deleted the p.s. pump and need an electric pump that will hold the temps of p.s. fluid and pressure.

i was thinking of using an oil pump like the one used in the STS rear mount turbo kits as it is for oil and does get hot i figuredthe p.s. should get as hot and is also a OIL to...

anyhelp on this would be great as i am trying to come up with this little electrical motor to do so.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:26 PM

Dude....You kinda screwed. An electric pump to make that kind of pressure will draw enough power to cook the alternator every few months. Also...The added electrical demand will up the power needed to turn the alternator negating the power you saved by eliminating the P/S pump.

I'd just put the pump back on.

Re'
Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

i wouldnt see why it would slow the altenator the car is not a street car just as they have Crankcase vent pumps why wouldnt there be one available for this idea all i would have to do is make lines,buy pump and a resivoir how much pressure does the PS put out how about not to much if the factory system works with a saginaw type pump THIS IS A B-BODY NOT F-BODY with a rack and pinion pressured system so WHY....the last time i also checked if there was so much pressure in the system then why wont it blow off the RETURN LINE which is only held on with to small ****ty clamps?WHY...

now if you would like to tell me the pump costs to much then $$$ is not the issue oh an PS i have a 220 ALT... so i dont think it will phase it...