Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

feedback on UMI

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:24 PM

feedback on UMI

I found a good deal on a set of UMI non-adjustable LCA's and panhard rod for like $115. Are they a quality product, and does anyone have then and have any complaints?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:50 PM

Re: feedback on UMI

I have their subframe connectors - growing company and their customer service is top notch. No matter who you talk to from UMI they are always friendly and very helpful whether buying their product or not. I've called just for some measurements to fab stuff and they've gone out of their way to get me on the right path during projects.

The subframe connectors are great - nice powdercoating, quick service and great product. Unfortunately i've only purchased their frame connectors - only because I had most of the other stuff they sell already - but, based on their customer service i'd deal with them again without thinking twice.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:00 AM

well if they take care of hte customer that much and made you a believer, i dont feel iffy about buying from them. Plus, their design is the same as almost everyone else's. i dont see how anyhting could be different, besides bushings.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by GhostZ28
I found a good deal on a set of UMI non-adjustable LCA's and panhard rod for like $115. Are they a quality product, and does anyone have then and have any complaints?
where did you find those parts at that price? the reason I am asking is because yesterday I ordered their package deal for the panhard bar and LCA's but oin thier website it was $164.95.

Thanks.

Gary
Old 04-04-2006, 10:54 AM

I just bought that same package, yea for 160ish or so, and installed them about 2 weeks ago. It helped somewhat on the street, havent taken it to the track yet. Powdercoating looks GREAT on them, and they feel quality, so I have 0 complaints. Easy install too...
Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 AM

I bought there LCA, Panhard Rod, and Sway in a package off ebay and it was around 230. There quality was top notch, I compared everything to BMR products and they were all built with the same material and same thickness. I am very satisfied with there products.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:44 PM

I found the auction on ebay, there was a buy it now for $159 but I started a bid out at 115 and wasnt outbid. They had it listed for the wrong year, but i asked about the aplication and told me to bid on it, so i did. total came to about 145 or so shipped with insurance. Oh, price didnt include bushings on the lcas =/
Old 04-04-2006, 04:19 PM

I bought $1500 in UMI stuff 2 months ago. Good sales, arrived in a timely fashion. I did leave a voice mail question that they never responded to for some reason (regarding brake lines).

I got the C5 brake kit, everything including their bracket was top notch.
I also got their rod end upper and lower front control arms, again purchased components were very good quality (QA1 rod ends, Moog ball joints). The design looks solid, only thing I noticed is that the welds were sloppy (I've got 3 cousins and 2 uncles who are welders... two are rated to work in nuclear facilities so I notice things like that). In their defense, I've noticed that most aftermarket parts I've seen have had relatively sloppy welds (except my Double Diamond SFC's... very nice work there).
Old 04-04-2006, 04:26 PM

I bought $1500 in UMI stuff 2 months ago. Good sales, arrived in a timely fashion. I did leave a voice mail question that they never responded to for some reason (regarding brake lines).

I got the C5 brake kit, everything including their bracket was top notch.
I also got their rod end upper and lower front control arms, again purchased components were very good quality (QA1 rod ends, Moog ball joints). The design looks solid, only thing I noticed is that the welds were sloppy (I've got 3 cousins and 2 uncles who are welders... two are rated to work in nuclear facilities so I notice things like that). In their defense, I've noticed that most aftermarket parts I've seen have had relatively sloppy welds (except my Double Diamond SFC's... very nice work there).
Old 04-04-2006, 04:29 PM

alright! i'm feeling better and better about my purchase. Also, since I dont know, where do the LCA relocation brackets mount onto? do they mount on the body, or on the axle? I dont know alot about newer suspension parts so forgive my ignorance. I could have answered my own question but i cant find any installation pictures or installed examples.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:54 PM

They mount on the pad that the LCA's currently bolt to.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:55 PM

They mount on the pad that the LCA's currently bolt to.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:46 PM

I just bought a double adjustable panhard rod from them, and I agree "Great service". Dont be affraid to buy anything from them, they even shipped it out in time for my overhaul.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:45 AM

i bought their lcas and panhard rod and couldnt be happier.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate it

Dave K- We did received your message about the ball joint and the brake lines. The messages were left in the evening so we couldn't return your call until the next day. We did try calling you twice and got no answer or voice mail?

As for the welds, the A-Arms take a lot of welding in different areas but I personally I would not call them sloppy. We inspect every item that goes out the door and will not let any item slide that is unexceptable.

Thanks again for the business!
Ryan

Quick Reply: feedback on UMI