Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Finally got strano springs, anything I need?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:09 PM

Finally got strano springs, anything I need?

I finally got the last piece of my suspension in and am ready to install. I have strano springs, koni sa's, and an adj panhard. Is there anything else i should need when replacing these, top shock mounts for the front maybe? Any more little parts? We are probably going to do the fronts ourselves, any advice or things i may run into? Im having the shop thats doing my rear gears throw up the rears when they are back there so I wont be doing those. Also with the koni shocks and the springs that i have they dont sit in the coupler of the shock "securely" will putting the top mount on there fix this from rocking back and forth in the bottom mount?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:01 PM

Recommend a set of control arms.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:30 PM

The indexing ring you need for the springs to sit squarely on the shock is on the stock shock, which needs to come apart so you can also get the upper shock mount..... That's no different with my springs and Koni's than if you had bought GM springs and new DeCarbon's, that part is not included with the shock and is re-used (since it doesn't go bad).
Old 06-04-2007, 06:31 PM

And no, you don't need anything else. Not control arms, LCA brackets, nothing--at least at this time. Get the stuff on, find out what you have, what you like, what you don't (if anything) and we'll work from there.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Much appreciated Sam. All of it is going to be on by the end of the week. Ill be getting back with you later for more parts im sure. Thanks for all your help
Old 06-05-2007, 01:06 AM

Considering that you live in Iowa and your car may have seen some winter driving I would personally suggest the strut mounts. I was going to install some ST springs in my Z and ended up ruining the strut mounts trying to get them off of the strut. You can get them about anywhere that sells parts, I know autozone has them for about $50 each. And one other thing, if you are doing the front yourself, you might as well do the rear yourself too since its less than half the work thats involved in doing the front install, but thats just me. It takes me more time to get the car on jackstands than it takes to get the springs and shocks out at least that way you would have a really weird stance

Good luck with the install and please post some pics after the install is complete
Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 AM

The cars just my weekend car, no rain or snow for it, ive got a dd for my everyday driving. The shop thats doing my rear end will already have the rears out when they put inthe gears so they are just going to put my suspension up instead of the stock. I will definately have pics when its finished.