Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Finished ABS delete, now no rear brakes???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Finished ABS delete, now no rear brakes???

Hey guys i recently finished an ABS delete project where i also tied in a Line Lock. After everything was hooked up i checked for leaks at all connections and all were good. Along with the delete i changed all 4 discs and pads as well as new rear calipers (actually these were used but "new" to the car). I replaced the rear calipers due to the old ones bleed screws being frozen n rounded. I also disconnected the e-brake and removed the hardware attached to the calipers. I bled the system and though the rears bled out there didnt seem to be a solid stream of fluid coming out like they should. I cycled through like a pint of fluid for each side. After bleeding the fronts i went for drive and the brakes were very weak. Stopped and felt the front discs, they were hot. Felt the rears and they were stone cold, like the pads didnt even make contact with the discs. The brakes worked fine prior to this project. I have bled brake systems before as well as flared steel lines so im confident the connections are good (none were leaking).

Any thoughts?

Last edited by jonesz28; 10-08-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Re: Finished ABS delete, now no rear brakes???

Ugh, nevermind, the damn Pressure regulator hooked up to the rear brakes (due to line lock setup) was turned all the way closed. I opened it fully and now the rears are getting juice. Bonehead