Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Front Tires rub after front end work...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 AM

Front Tires rub after front end work...

Having some troubles here. Installed a PaRacing K member and Spohn tublar a-arms w/ spohn front end rebuild kit. Put everything together and now I can't turn my wheel more than 1/4 of the way without the tires rubbing. I notice something wasn't right with the k member the way it was built didn't look right (Bar was A LOT lower than the oil pan and other flaws) so we took it out and left the spohn a arms on...but still had the same problem. What would cause this? Are the a arms to short or something and pulling the tires in close enough to where they rub? I am going to put the stock a arms back in and see what happens. Would the front end rebuild kit effect this at all? Any help would be appreciated. Just want to get this front end done so I can finish the car. Or is there a way to adjust the a arms?

UPDATE: If you turn the wheel, the back of the tire will rub the fender and rub on one of the screws on the inside of the fender. This happens on both driver and passenger.

Here is the thing. Put the stock a arms back on...perfect clearance. Can turn the wheel all the way to the left and the right with no rubbing. Ideas?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Re: Front Tires rub after front end work...

The lower A-arms have rod ends..... how far are they screwed in? Did you get the uppers with rod ends, or with bushings.... again are the rod ends screwed ni the correct amount? Compare with stock arm lengths.

There are slots in the K-member for the lower a-arm bolts... do you have the bolts sort of centered in the slots (I'm assuming you haven't got to the point of trying to align it). All of thes variables may have the wheel too close to the inside of the fender.