Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Front torque arm bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 03:15 PM

Front torque arm bushing?

My car cranks really bad. I mean BAD some time to time. It almost feel like I'm going over some serious pot hole that is 5 ft deep really fast. So I had shop looking under the car, and they said that "Front torque arm bushing" (right by transmission)is shot. that is metal bar that connects from differencial to left side of transmission. the bad bushing is located front of the bar where it connect to tranny
Will car crank really really bad when those little bugger goes bad?

I mean I ordered replacement part from Energy suspension, which was $11.95(which I next day air'ed it. Shipping was more then part itself so if that is the probrem, thats fine, and I can't see that its that hard to replace. but I want to know if there is any other posibilities I should have my shope look..

thanks in advance

Old 06-21-2004, 06:28 PM

sounds like it could be the torque arm bushing, the tranny mount or another worn or loose suspension component.

The torque arm bushing is pretty easy to install. Just follow the directions that comes with it.