Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Getting ready to do my break up grade in a few hrs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 10:37 AM

Getting ready to do my break up grade in a few hrs.

Well all of my parts finally came. Brembo blanks that were cross drilled, Slotted, and vented dipped in zinc. Along with new Russel Stainless brake lines. I cant wait to see how big of a difference they are from stock. I am well over do for a brake job (wouldnt surprise me if my pads are cracked!) i will report back on how things went as well as over all cost for the project. See yah in a few.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:54 AM

Re: Getting ready to do my break up grade in a few hrs.

Make sure you bleed it with a good fluid. Old fluid can make your brakes feel mushy, so make sure you bleed out all of the old fluid. Starting from the passenger side rear, then drivers side rear, then passenger front, then drivers front.

If you can find it in your area ATE TYP 200 is awesome brake fluid.

Dan
Old 04-09-2005, 08:42 PM

If these are stock size rotors, then you wont see any realistic improvement in brake performance. If you do, it will be because of a better brake pads.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:59 PM

well i made it back to post on my brake up grade...though i still need to replace my front lines i can see a big improvement. i am mainly worried about braking at highspeeds...my old brakes glazed fast and after time were starting to crack. After breaking in my pads i could tell these pads would not galze due to the slots on the rotors keeping the pads clean. One thing to keep in mind when doing an upgrade like this it may be worth it to get new calipers (autozone $49.99!!) the mating surface area of the caliper has to clean, smooth and even scuffed alittle bit. There are copper washers (stock) that work the best when fitting the new lines to the calipers because the copper will crush forming the seal around the banjo fitting. i would not recommend anyone doing this with out good quality line wrenches. if you use a regular open end wrench you will round off the fittings.