Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Got some CTSV Brembos

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:38 AM

Got some CTSV Brembos

Hey guys I just got some new calipers. I got some questions hopefully somebody can help me out. Lets just say I ran into 4 brand spankin new GM Factory 05' Caddy CTS-V Brembo 4 piston Calipers with pads. Now, lets just assume I find out that these will actually be fabbed into mounting to my car. If im that lucky to figure out how to do that whats soem of the other **** im gonna need you think to get these to work. i mean if i get them mounted and fitting under an 18 inch wheel and hooked up what should I have to change mechanically on the brake system before I can get these to work. Ive never done somethin this extensive on a brake system before so im not sure if ill have to have the whole ctsv brake system or if maybe my **** will run those calipers. whats ur take?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:31 AM

Re: Got some CTSV Brembos

Oh, by the way, I already know CTS-V's are a six bolt hub I believe. I know it's a long shot but hey, I got 4 free brembo calipers for an 05 CTS-V, and they've never even been on a car! The least I can do is try to make this work. Oh and another thing, My 91 Z has friggin drums in the back. I've read some tech articles on thirdgen.org and thought I saw something about having to get a new rear end for a rear disc conversion. Will I have to run new lins all the way back or will the factory drum brake lines work for a disc brake. Please guys, I need lots of comments and info to steer me in the right direction on this one.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:45 PM

Thumbs up Re: Got some CTSV Brembos

pretty cool brakes i fabed some porsche/brembo calipers on my 93z they work awsome what year z do you have send me a pic of your calipers
Old 08-13-2006, 12:47 AM

Re: Got some CTSV Brembos

Prolly a good idea to get a signature that lets everyone know what year car you have, it may help with more responses.

Im assuming that youre talking about a third gen here, cuz you mention it in your post, so im not positive about what youre going to have to do. However, braking systems are braking systems for the most part and for the fronts at least, all youll need to do is find a way to slap them on there and you should be good. The rears would prolly be the same way, assuming you can find a way to mount them up. On a side note, those will be some HUGE calipers on the back of your car, so IF you get everything on it, you may need to work with the brake proportioning cuz you dont want your rears lockin up all the time cuz of the huge calipers.

Almost forgot, youre going to need to figure out some kind of rotors to work with it. Not really sure how you can do that, but good luck.