Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Granatelli Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:28 PM

Granatelli Springs

Does anyone have any experience with Granatelli lowering springs? Chevy High Performance used them on a 4th gen a few months ago and I was interested in them because I was looking to lower my car a little more than an inch. These lower the car 1.25 inches. Does anyone know the spring rates or if they sag over time. Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Re: Granatelli Springs

Are they the blue hypercoil springs? Haven't heard much on these.

The REAL Granatelli springs (G2 super springs) lower by 1.5" and are red. I haven't heard anyone that didn't like these.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:07 PM

The ones I was looking at were red, but the couple places I have seen them say they lower 1.25 inches.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor

Granatelli and G2 are not the same thing unless Granatelli is buying them from LG Motorsports. LG has Hypercoil (Hyperco) build the springs for them to their specs. J.R. Granatelli is probably the only one who knows what part of the world the Granatelli springs are coming from. Be careful what springs you purchase as the quality between companies are night and day. The best quality springs are Vogtland, H&R, Hypercoil such as the LG Springs. Good luck on your spring decision and remember just because the colors are the same it does not mean they are the same spring using the same material.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:13 PM

Ya, I had my wires crossed and got them mixed. LG has the hypercoil and the G2.

Personally, unless you want to buy Koni's don't get Vogtland or h&R.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 01-16-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor

LG actually has a higher spring rate than the H&R and the Vogtland. The LG rates are 550 front and 180-220 for the rear. The Vogtland has the same rear rate and the front is 440-542. These springs can easily be dampened by using the Tokico HP's, but of course the Koni's are always what we recommend for the ultimate in spring control. It is really dependant on your budget. The big difference between the Vogtland and the LG springs is the Vogtland only drops the vehicle 1.2 inches and the LG drops the vehicle around 1.75 inches. The other major difference is the material used. Hyperco uses a very high quality spring steel but Vogtland uses the stronger VVS Alloy which allows them to stress the material more which allows them to make the spring lighter to reduce the unsprung weight.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:46 AM

I am curently running B+G springs which are very close to H&R. My Tokicos are quite inadequate for them. I wouldn't recommend them for any lowered spring. Plus the G2 fronts are linear and not progressive so its easier to valve a shock for them.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
I am curently running B+G springs which are very close to H&R. My Tokicos are quite inadequate for them. I wouldn't recommend them for any lowered spring. Plus the G2 fronts are linear and not progressive so its easier to valve a shock for them.
Are you pretty satisfied with the B+G springs? Besides the fact that you dont like the shocks you have with them.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 PM

They're pretty stiff. They're ok if you don't mind a rougher ride, but the rears are a bit too stiff IMO. Not sure if a better shock would help with that or not. The front springs wouldn't be too bad if the shocks could handle them better. On the hiway they do really well, but on really rough streets you feel it.
Granted you can get them pretty inexpensively (under $160 @ Stealth Perf) and they're guaranteed never to sag, unlike Eibiotch. If I was to do it over again, I'd go softer...or coil over. But, my car is a total daily driver too.