Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Hal QA1's ride height??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 06:32 PM

Re: Hal QA1's ride height??

o yeah, i have one of those. Hopefully i can get this damn thing working. Do i need to take pressure off the springs to do this? I mean by lifting the car up or can i leave it on the ground.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:12 PM

I take the wheel off the car to adjust mine. Makes adjusting it MUCH easier!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Jack it up, take the wheel off and let the suspension hang at full drop. That will reduce the pressure on the seat a bit. I had mine totally slathered with anti-seize and they were still pretty hard to turn with the QA1 spanner. It didn't seem to get a really good grip on the adjuster nut. I have thought about getting the Moroso spanner wrench to try it.

As I recall, you can get about 1/3 of a turn at a time on the adjuster nut. By the time I had raised the seat a full 1-inch on both sides, I had a huge blister on the palm of my and, even through leather lined gloves.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Jack it up, take the wheel off and let the suspension hang at full drop. That will reduce the pressure on the seat a bit. I had mine totally slathered with anti-seize and they were still pretty hard to turn with the QA1 spanner. It didn't seem to get a really good grip on the adjuster nut. I have thought about getting the Moroso spanner wrench to try it.

As I recall, you can get about 1/3 of a turn at a time on the adjuster nut. By the time I had raised the seat a full 1-inch on both sides, I had a huge blister on the palm of my and, even through leather lined gloves.
Maybe I'm lucky, or they've redesigned them slightly or something, but I didn't have that much trouble to lift mine.

It could also be that I've only had to adjust them once since I first installed them.