Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Hawk Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:01 PM

Hawk Brake Pads

Has any one ever gotten the Hawk Performence Brake Pads? I need knew pads and I was wondering if those pads are good?

Any tips/ advice would be great!

Thanks!

Todd
Old 04-20-2004, 09:25 PM

I didn't notice any reduction in brake dust which I was hoping for, i've had them on for about 10k probably and they're already starting to squeak on new rotors. The only plus is that they still have a good amount of life on them and haven't worn down. $50 or so is a decent price, I don't know how they compare to the ceramic brakes though.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:41 AM

I use the Hawk Plus pads but I don't recommend them on the street. My wheels look like they've been through a black dust storm after 10 miles plus they squeal like a stuck pig. BUT... if you want to stop fast, they're great! Next time I'll use the HPS pads.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:38 AM

I use the hawk hps+ I think that those. HArdly no dust no squeels and I havw what 40-50k on the brakes right now. Still plenty of pad.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:59 AM

been running HP plus pads for about a year now. little noisy, kinda dusty but they were well worth the increase in braking power.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:03 AM

Kinda dusty???? You must be lucky. My wheels were clean this morning, I drove about 30 miles and now they are dark grey. I wipe them off 2-3 times a day. The additional stopping power over the HPS pads aren't worth it to me. I can still hit the ABS with 315 Hoosiers or Kumho's with a HPS pad so I don't have a shortage of braking power for an autocross.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:12 AM

The difference I noticed was the quicker response time as well as they seem to take the heat a bit better. I use the HPS pads in the rear so far and the balance has been prety good so far. as far as dust goes yea I guess it is pretty bad\, but then again mine only gets driven about twice a month between autox events so cleaning isnt so bad. found out a while ago that my GSXR was easier to clean so it's got daily transportation duties now days lol.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:16 AM

Yea, mine is a daily driver. I have the HPS pads in the rear also and they're ok as far as dusting. But I go through front pads like candy and it's starting to get a little old. Maybe I should slow down...
Old 04-23-2004, 08:41 AM

slow down? no way dude Im just got my 315's so it's gona take a bit of adjustmanet. seems like youre way ahead of the curve. BTW how often do you flush your brake fluid?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:34 AM

I bought the Hawk pads, and they didn't want to fit that well. The were sloppy and just didn't feel right to install. I still have them brand new on my work table. I bought Bendix ceramic pads instead. Any one wanna cheap set of pads for a 4th gen?
Old 04-23-2004, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by kookamunga
slow down? no way dude Im just got my 315's so it's gona take a bit of adjustmanet. seems like youre way ahead of the curve. BTW how often do you flush your brake fluid?
I change my fluid before the start of every season now. You're gonna love 315's. You have them all the way around??
Old 04-23-2004, 11:51 AM

yup ran 315's and 275's for about 6 months till i had enough money to replace the fronts and install a few other goodies like the GW upper control arms and a spohn torque arm etc. w00t!! I've been changing the Motul brake fluid about twice a year here in Hawaii cuz of the humidity.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Bone Daddy
I bought the Hawk pads, and they didn't want to fit that well. The were sloppy and just didn't feel right to install. I still have them brand new on my work table. I bought Bendix ceramic pads instead. Any one wanna cheap set of pads for a 4th gen?
Front or Rear and how much?

-Dustin-
Old 04-23-2004, 02:21 PM

The HP+ will dust up a storm, I haven't gotten the bad squeaking from them yet though. The HPS are nowhere near as bad.

Last edited by Shempy; 04-23-2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:27 PM

And for the love of Pete, there are only 10 different varieties of Hawk pads out there ranging from near OEM replacement to NASCAR/ARCA level braking, so you have to be more specific when asking about or selling your pads.

Quick Reply: Hawk Brake Pads