Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Help! Brake pedle goes to floor

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 12:12 AM

Unhappy Help! Brake pedle goes to floor

Well today my bro and I attempted to fix my brake problem. The problem was my pads were shot and they made that horrible squeaking noise. I couldnt take it anymore so we decided to swap the pads and rotors from my parts car. They are in good shape.

After we finished my brakes are not working to well and the pedle(sp?) goes to the floor. What did we do wrong?

When we were working on the right side, we had to compress the caliper piston to allow it to go back on with the "new" pads. Well before we compressed it, I pushed on the brakes a couple of times and the piston came out. Brake fluid also started to drip out It wasnt dripping from the hose. I probably f'd it up right there... Why did it start leaking? While we did each side the brake resivior lid was left open for a little bit. Other than that we did everything normally. We also put in new bearings and seals.

Please help me figure out what I did wrong This is my daily driver so I need it fixed asap. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:19 AM

New Caliper + Brake Bleed + More Careful =
Old 05-28-2004, 12:22 AM

f*ck I need new calipers ...
Old 05-28-2004, 09:12 AM

Well, only one from the sounds of your post.. and the front is cheaper than the back, so your not as screwed as you think. But, your leaking fluid somewhere, so do a thorough check of the entire system and make sure it's just the one caliper, and not a line or a fitting. If your caliper is dripping without anything loose, then that's a new caliper and a bleed easy.