Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Help getting my 60' down

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:28 AM

Help getting my 60' down

Right now on my Mickey Thompsons I am hooking with no wheelspin at all. That may change when I flash the converter on spray...

My question is this - will the car leave the line harder with different suspension components even though it is hooking?

Right now I have LCA's (poly/poly), front swaybar disconnected, poly rear swaybar bushings/endlinks, poly torque arm mount, and boxed SFCs.

Torque arm choices are limited since I'm running duals....unless I get a Jegster or something.

Any input is appreciated

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:26 PM

Re: Help getting my 60' down

What psi are you running your MT's at? I take it they're drag radials. I ran my MT DR's at 15psi and I was cutting 1.56's on stock suspension except for relocation brackets. The only poly suspension mount I have is for my tranny. No sway bar attached either.

Also...is that Pro Torque a motor converter or a nitrous converter. I say that because a nitrous converter is way "tighter" than a motor converter. That may be why you're not cutting a good 60-ft on motor. Have you sprayed off the line yet and let the converter flash with the nitrous?

Last edited by cpt_bimes; 01-04-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:41 PM

Re: Help getting my 60' down

I haven't flashed it on spray yet (haven't been to the track with the 12-bolt yet). It's a motor converter as far as I know....

I have the MTs at 16psi.