Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Help me hook...at least a little.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:22 AM

Re: Help me hook...at least a little.

Originally Posted by quickmedic1
What brand do you have? My biggest issue with the Spohn is I hate the noise that gets transferred thru the floor. Every bump, every shift just pisses me off! I know everything is a compromise but I feel like I am turning my car into a piece of junk every time I hear this thing.
Same as you. I asked him if it would be noisy witht he spherical bearing vs. the poly mount (no longer available for my torque arm design) and he said not really. Just like I asked him if the Extreme Driveshaft would fit OK with a Moser rear end because I had heard they were a bit too long, and he said he hadn't heard of any fitment problems with Mosers - well, not only did it not fit hardly for being too long, the Spicer yoke on the front was visually way off center and the thing shook my car. I had it rebalanced for $50 locally and the guys at the drvieshaft shop said they had never seen a yoke that looked so off center - it should never have been used. If I had adj lower control arms I could move the axle back, but I don't. All the defective crap he builds must get shipped to Wisconsin. Local boys get the good stuff.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:38 AM

guys i had a question i just finished getting all the suspension on, i did the LCAs first, then the panhard rod, then the subframes and lastly the Torque arm from UMI. after i got the Torque arm on i could hear a little bump when i accelerate. i didnt know if that was normal or what. i made sure everything was tightened down so i dont know whats up. if thats not normal anyone have any ideas? do you think the angles off and its causing something? the car hooked up better with everything but the torque arm and when i put it on it just seems like it spins the tires better. i didnt have an angle finder to adjust it but i left it at the stock 0 degrees. thanks guys
Old 06-20-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by NipNaZ28
guys i had a question i just finished getting all the suspension on, i did the LCAs first, then the panhard rod, then the subframes and lastly the Torque arm from UMI. after i got the Torque arm on i could hear a little bump when i accelerate. i didnt know if that was normal or what. i made sure everything was tightened down so i dont know whats up. if thats not normal anyone have any ideas? do you think the angles off and its causing something? the car hooked up better with everything but the torque arm and when i put it on it just seems like it spins the tires better. i didnt have an angle finder to adjust it but i left it at the stock 0 degrees. thanks guys
Thats interesting....Im supposed to be getting the UMI torque arm next month so I would like to know what the deal is before I buy it.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by NipNaZ28

Well for me I noticed the noise in the floor right away. I had the rod end bearing and changed it out for the poly end and it helped alittle. Our original torque arm was mounted in rubber and to the trans that is not mounted directly to the floor pans so it is quiet. With any floor mounted torque arm you get alot more noise because it has to transmit some where.

I will be selling mine soon. I know keeping the mount off the trans tailshaft housing is better/safer for the housing and promotes better traction but the noise tradeoff isnt worth it for me.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
All the suspension work in the world won't help you if you have chitty tires.
Aye, I'm not pushing anything special but I remember when I had my Yokohama AVS100s (a damn good tire in it's own right) and it would spin it in first when i got on it, even with my LCAs. The next set I picked up was some Nitto DRs and it took a LOT of effort to even get a chirp out back on a 1-2 shift. Even the R2s (road race version of the DR, stiffer sidewall) I got on the back now are sticking strong, so just the greater grippiness of the tire is whats really helping.