Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

HELP... People with Rear QA1 shocks inside!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Re: HELP... People with Rear QA1 shocks inside!

I'm with Rob.... tighten down the top nut/washer until you see the bushings start to get wider. Did you consider recutting the threads with the next size smaller die?

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Which are these

The fronts are the QA1 coil-overs, with the BMR spring seat. The rears are plain shocks. Rear coil-overs would look like this:

Old 06-28-2006, 07:34 AM

Re: HELP... People with Rear QA1 shocks inside!

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I'm with Rob.... tighten down the top nut/washer until you see the bushings start to get wider. Did you consider recutting the threads with the next size smaller die?
Yea, that is what i figured with the bushing, the driver side one looks fine, its just starting to bulge out from under the washer. I just had the person stop tightening when I felt a little bit of tension on the wrench that I had locked onto the shock from underneath.

I think we did overtighten the passenger side one, and then tried to back it off and the nut would not move, so the threads really got messed up bad. There was a lot of resistance and then when we finally started to get it loose, it just kept spinning and not coming off. Im not sure if i could even re-cut them, they are marred up really bad.

Looks like I will have to contact Sean at Speed Engineering to get me another one ASAP...

Sorry HondaHunter... I was just pissed off last night at the whole issue.