Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

How many hours average to install full 10pt?? by a good shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:04 AM

How many hours average to install full 10pt?? by a good shop

The shop ive been talking to is pretty reputable and know what they are doing. He told be they would charge 25.00hr to build and install the cage, which im thinking 8 to 10 hours at the most and 200 to 250 bucks later aint that bad, i cat imagine it would take anylonger than that.

thanks,
-john
Old 05-26-2005, 12:31 AM

Re: How many hours average to install full 10pt?? by a good shop

Custom making a cage isnt as easy as you think it is. Bending and notching pipes and test fitting and re-bending, etc is sometimes a long process. Alot of it depends on the quality of the tools they use. And then designing mounting brackets. Not to mention taking the interior apart, modifying things, and putting things back together. Also, you'd probably want to have them paint the cage before they install it, or powdercoat it, or whatever....
Old 05-26-2005, 01:03 AM

Well, let me rephrase it... They guys im going to have do it are big into our local circle dirt track racing so i guess i wouldnt call them as a business but they do good work.

ive got the car already stripped out since ive been doing alot of side projects with the interior. I already had the dash out once because I stripped out the HVAC and all that good stuff, so im going to pull the dash before I take the car to them and then im going to put all the interior back together and cut the dash where I need to and paint the cage. The only pieces I put back in the car are the side panels, headliner, and driver seat so we can fit it all while we install it and so we can measure it properly with me in the car.

So I figure all of that should save a few hours since all they have to do is fab the cage and weld it in and im doing all the rest of the work.

-john
Old 05-28-2005, 08:24 PM

Sounds like you got it all worked out. I did mine myslef. Once the bars are cut and stuff, really takes no time ata ll to toss it all in. Good luck. If you wanna see pics of mine, check it out in my profile.