Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

How to properly install an ADJ PHB

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 03:45 PM

How to properly install an ADJ PHB

I have the Hotchkis ADJ PHB to install tonight and wondered the correct way to do so. I have ramps, jackstands and jack at my disposal, along with all tools necessary, but how do you do it? Wheels under load with ramps or jack the axle? Comments? After its in how should I adjust it, yes I did a search and frankly I dont like teh new forum search, I cant find anything anymore....

-Dustin-
Old 11-07-2004, 04:51 PM

Re: How to properly install an ADJ PHB

Put it in that night, used it since and it works very well over my stock peice. Much more firm ride, but not too firm. No more excessive side to side movement. Nice peice, looks and feels well built. Jacked up and jackstood (is that a word, oh well) the rear unbolted the old one and bolted in and tightened the Hotchkis peice.

-Dustin-
Old 11-07-2004, 05:19 PM

Re: How to properly install an ADJ PHB

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Put it in that night, used it since and it works very well over my stock peice. Much more firm ride, but not too firm. No more excessive side to side movement. Nice peice, looks and feels well built. Jacked up and jackstood (is that a word, oh well) the rear unbolted the old one and bolted in and tightened the Hotchkis peice.

-Dustin-
Good to hear! If you get any tire rubbing the adjustability will allow you to fix that. For example if you lengthen the bar it will push the rear towards the drivers side, if you shorten it it will move towards the passenger sice. Hope that helps!