Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

I like my new supension Set-UP: Koni

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:11 PM

I like my new supension Set-UP: Koni

Hey guys. I just thought I would do a little bit of a review. I have 2 fbodies. My lt1 car is set up with ST 35mm front bar and Blisteins revalves,STB. With 285 Kumho MX tires it was very much improved and I was happy with the setup.

I just recently got LS1 car. I have read and read and read.

Sway Bars: I went with Sams bars due to his repuation, user reviews and the weight. I loved my ST 35mm, but the thing does weight a ton and unsprung weight is not your friend. I'm very happy with the balance of the bars. On my LT1 I only had a front bar, but think this combo is really good at working together.

Shocks/Struts:
I went with the Koni's 4/4 (lower perch, hose mod)

Anway I had some issues with getting a long enough allen wrench, but finally got them adjusted properly and there GREAT.

This combo is very good about no body roll, brake drive greatly reduced and handling and ride comfort I think that is very nice.

Springs:
I have kept my stock springs, becuase after reading and learning the springs is not all that bad on these cars and with duals I didn't want to lower it

I"m really pleased with this setup. I just thought I would do this to people doing research on what to go with. Koni's are really great shocks, there pricey but they work really good. If your going to get lowering springs I would really suggest just going with Koni's you can make revalves work with springs, but you can't adjust or change springs really. Konis you can. The sway bars are really nice. I would highly recommend these

Thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 AM

Re: I like my new supension Set-UP: Koni

Glad you are enjoying your parts.... and even happier that you like them more than what you had chosen before (and didn't dislike). Goes to show that while you could be happy with X, Y or Z may indeed be better.

Anway, enjoy the shocks and bars. And as always if you have any questions, just call me.