Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

I want to do a complete suspension/brake overhaul and upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM

I want to do a complete suspension/brake overhaul and upgrade

I'm looking to make the car handle great, but my driving will be 99.5% street. I'm willing to spend some coin to make it work.

Help me out with your ideas and experiences. What you bought, where you bought it, how much you paid, etc. K-members, LCAs, shocks, springs, coilovers, big brakes, etc.

Last edited by Mike Meyers; 01-11-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

I ordered Spohn k-member, a-arms upper and lower...been waiting alomost 3months now
Old 01-11-2007, 07:28 PM

I talked to Sam Strano about my suspension and made a few purchases from him. Suspension: I'm running 35mm hollow front bar / 21mm 1LE rear bar, Koni SAs, 1LE LCAs, stock springs. Brakes: you can't go wrong with Baer Eradispeeds and Hawk HPS pads, that's my setup and I love it. Also installed stainless steel lines and a flush with ATE Super Blue fluid.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by PSU 98
I talked to Sam Strano about my suspension and made a few purchases from him. Suspension: I'm running 35mm hollow front bar / 21mm 1LE rear bar, Koni SAs, 1LE LCAs, stock springs. Brakes: you can't go wrong with Baer Eradispeeds and Hawk HPS pads, that's my setup and I love it. Also installed stainless steel lines and a flush with ATE Super Blue fluid.
Cool, thanks.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Meyers
I'm looking to make the car handle great, but my driving will be 99.5% street. I'm willing to spend some coin to make it work.

Help me out with your ideas and experiences. What you bought, where you bought it, how much you paid, etc. K-members, LCAs, shocks, springs, coilovers, big brakes, etc.
I got (on the recommandation of Sam) and bought some Koni Sa with the stock springs and it handle like crazy .If you want some springs ou could go with the Stranos wich are made to his specs

I also got and bought(again on the recommandation of Sam) his sway bar kit 35/22 with all the poly bushing.Man the car is a curve carver,totally magic

For the brake i got C5 brake kit(dual piston caliper pressure cast,full rib,12.8" rotor,directionnal vented,hawk hps pads) wich is exactly the same kit has the bear one but with cheaper$$$ replacement parts.You can get every replacement parts from your dealer or any parts stores wich is a big plus.The car brake really hard

For the lca i would go (since its a street car) wit some tubular one(no need for the box one wich are heavier for nothing) with one poly bushing ends for the chassis side and one with a rubber bushing ends for the rear end sides.Dont uses poly bushing on the rear end sides because they tend to bind a lot.

Since i didnt see it in your sig i would invest in some good subframe connector wich is gonna stiff up your chassis.

And i also choose to install a sphon adjustable torque arm.This will help you with traction and will also delete the rear transmission mount that apply a lot of stress from the stocker.

Last edited by always faster; 01-12-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

I think the best brake upgrade for your money is to get a set of TrackBrackets (the C5 Corvette conversion kit) and a full set of stock C6 Z06 brakes. Rotors, calipers, pads. Should cost you less than $1500, and you'll have 14" rotors with six-piston calipers.

That's what I hope to do. I need to confirm that TrackBrackets are indeed compatible with C6 Z06 calipers. I've heard that they are, but I don't know of anyone that's done this upgrade yet. I plan to, once I have money.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:43 PM

I say use the stock springs with Koni SA's. They will alloy you to lower the front about 3/4 inch and just remove the rear spacer to match height for the rear . Get either the strano bars or get a 1LE rear with a Hotchkis front bar. Get either the Addco torque arm from Sam Strano or the UMI adjustable. Get a rod end panhard rod. Talk to Sam about 1LE bushings for the rear lower arms or use poly ones. For the brakes either 98^ conversion with Hawk HP's for stock wheels or UMI makes a complete C5 conversion for I think 750(that is what I paid for mine) if you have 17's; stainless brake lines. You could do all this for around 2 grand and could go racing with it on the weekends if you want to. Handling would be greatly improved, but the ride would probably be better than stock.