Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Inserting poly on lower control arms HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:28 PM

Inserting poly on lower control arms HELP!

I am install poly urethene on my lower control arm for my 94z. I bought the control arm kit from energy suspension. I am not installing the whole kit bc of the pretty good condition and I heard some bad things about poly on moving suspension parts. My question is I do not know which one goes in which and how to install them. I am installing the one on the back side of the k member on the control arm parrell to the frame rails( the one that dose not pivot). If anyone has installed this kit and give me advice I would appriciate it. Sorry if confusing.

Thanks Mark Tisdale
Old 12-23-2004, 11:29 AM

Re: Inserting poly on lower control arms HELP!

sorry man, after my "polly" swaybar bushings, i dont do polly. it's not worth reinstalling them a year later.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Appears you are talking about the FRONT lower control arm. The design of the vertical/rear bushing is completely different than that of the horizontal/front bushing. The vertical one is also different than the factory design, and requires that the "can" for the vertical bushing be removed from the A-arm. The new ES bushing is in 3 parts, including an upper and lower "1/2", with a red nylon ring that goes in between them. As I recall the ES instructions were fairly complete for those parts.

I've had the complete ES poly front end in my car for more than 5 years with no problems.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:29 PM

Well, actually I went back to the stock rubber. But, I have a problem one of the horizontal bushings I think is messed up. I install it and torqued to spec but, one of the control arm has alot of play. I can pull down on the control arm and it feels like the bushing is wore out or loose??? I don't know how the bushing was damaged. Maybe the guy who installed it damaged it.