Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

installed new rotors/pads, NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i installed some cross-drilled and slotted rotors on all 4 and some Hawk HPS brake pads on all 4. Im hearing some friction kind off sound coming from the rear driver side rotor. i think the pads is slightly touching the rotor, and its giving off a low sound. will this go away??? cause i only drove it maybe a couple of miles after i installed it. i wasnt having problems with the caliper sticking or anything before. could it just be the new stuff just settling in??

this is what i did today, i took the whole rotor and pad and everything back apart to see if something is wrong, but then i put everything together and its still making the noise. I then checked if the caliper was sticking, so i dropped it in NEUTRAL and with some help was rocking the car back and forth to see if the brake pad was touching and it wasnt. so i was like wth and put it back in PARK and did the same thing, rock it back and forth, and everything was fine. So could this be a messed up rotor??? or could it still be the caliper??? NEED HELP ON THIS

thanks for any help
Danny
Old 02-18-2005, 08:04 PM

Re: installed new rotors/pads, NEED HELP

Hi. Ya it is normal for new rotors/ pads to touch a little in the beginning after you have just installed them. Give them a few miles for break-in time and they should be fine after that.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:21 AM

Re: installed new rotors/pads, NEED HELP

When I installed the same parts on my car for a day or so the brakes sounded like a playing card in spokes when I applied the brakes. It wasn't very loud but it sounded wierd.